The Email

Tuesday, June 8, 2015
The Avery Condo
New York, New York
9:15 am

The next morning, Jazlyn woke up and got out of her bed. She walked into her bathroom that she shared and is connected to her younger fraternal twin sister Skylar bedroom. An hour in a half later, Jazlyn comes downstairs towards the kitchen to go and get something to eat.

"Good morning." Jazlyn yawned out as he entered the kitchen and saw her twin sister Skylar.

"Morning." Skylar greeted her twin sister Jazlyn as she looked up towards her. "M'Dear came by with some breakfast that she cooked before she left." She gestures to the stove.

"Thanks, where is M'Dear." Jazlyn asked as fix herself a plate of the vegan breakfast she know very well that came from the first lady of the church.

"She went to the church to help set up for the food pantry." Skylar answered from her sat on the stool.

"Ah, I forgot that was today." Jazlyn sighed out as she placed her plate on the counter next to her sister before grabbing her coffee mug and pouring herself coffee.

"Yeah, she asked if we could be their to help pass out the food at 12:30." Skylar replied before sipping her coffee.

"Alright." Jazlyn sighed out as she looked at her kitchen clock. "It's 10:15, so I guess we should leave at 11:50."

"Yeah." Skylar agreed with a nod as she got up and put her plate in the kitchen sink. "I'm going to get my laptop so we can check our social media accounts."

"Alright." Jazlyn hummed as she took a big bite out of her vegan dish as Skylar left the kitchen to get her laptop.

A few minutes later, Skylar came back into the kitchen and sat on the stool next to her twin sister. She opened her laptop and immediately checked her, and her twin sister shared a YouTube account.

"Oh...my...God!" Skylar squealed, shaking her twin sister happy at the view numbers just below their new video.

"What's wrong?" Jazlyn asked, worried as she stopped eating and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

Skylar closed out of YouTube to quickly check their share Instagram account and saw that the view numbers were just like their YouTube account.

"Jazz." Skylar gaped at her twin sister.

"Sky, what's wrong?" Jazlyn repeated ask in a worried tone.

"W-we, we, have...." Skylar started to strut out.

"Girl, spit it out already. You're scaring the crap out of me now." Jazlyn irritated said, reaching for the laptop.

"We have twenty million views on both our YouTube and Instagram accounts!" Skylar screamed out, causing Jazlyn eyes to widen in shock.

"You're jocking." Jazlyn scoffed out as she grabbed the laptop from her twin sister. "Let me see." She muttered as she refreshed the screen on the laptop. "No way! We have twenty million views. " Jazlyn confirmed in shock as she looked at her twin sister with a look. "We went viral."

Suddenly, both girls started squealed and hugged each other happy. They didn't care what neighbor heard them they had just gone viral overnight.

Skylar pulled away from her twin sister. "Okay, let's check our email because with all these views come with deals." Skylar said, reaching for her laptop.

"Alright." Jazlyn agreed, handed Skylar her laptop back, and Jazlyn takes it.

"Pool party, 50% off at Rule 21, ooh 20% off at SHEIN, awe fan mail, nope don't care, hmmm....Empire Entertainment record label." Skylar read out loud as she scanned through their email, barely comprehending the words she was reading so fast. "Jazz!" Skylar cried out as she placed her hand over her mouth.

"What is new?" Jazlyn asked as she grabbed the laptop. "Empire Entertainment record label." Jazlyn read out, and Skylar nodded her head in conformation. "No way! This has to be a jock."

"Nope." Skylar replied, shaking head. "Keep on reading." She motion to the screen, and Jazlyn furrowed her eyebrows confused as she looked back at the screen.

Dear Jazlyn and Skylar Avery,

This is an invitation to the Empire Entertainment record label. Our CEO Lucious Lyon is interested in signing you guys. If you are already signed to a record label and have a manager, we would like to offer you guys a better offer. Please send back a reply if you guys would like to sign on the Empire Entertainment record label. We hope to have you guys sign to Empire as soon as possible with your amazing voices.

Sincerely,
Becky Williams from Empire Entertainment record label team

After Jazlyn finished reading the email, she grabbed her twin sister and hugged her tightly. "Our dream is coming true." Jazlyn said in an excited tone. She was so excited. Maybe this was their way to go discover and get signed.

"Yeah, mom and dad would be proud." Skylar said in a low tone on the verge of tears, causing Jazlyn to squeeze her hand in comfort.

"They would." Jazlyn whispered as she grabbed her locket that had a small picture frame of her parents, Skylar and herself in. She kissed the locket.

"Okay, let's reply back to them before we go." Skylar said, whipping her eyes quickly.

"Alright." Jazlyn nodded her head as she typed on the laptop before sending an email back to the Empire Entertainment record label.

A few minutes later, the girls got up and freshing up. Then they got into the car, and Jazlyn drove towards the church.

Jazlyn outfit

Skylar outfit

Skylar outfit