Thirteen

Freya

The boys scatter off after breakfast. Some of them help with the dishes, Alessandro heading back up to his room without helping. He knows better than to skip out on a chore.

He'll just have to help out after dinner this evening. Based on what Damon has told me, we're going to be having dinner with our host's parents this evening. It's going to be nice seeing Ares mom and dad again.

I haven't seen them in what feels like ages.

Leaning back in my chair, I watch Arella kicking her little nub in excitement as she watches McKenna. Both girls are still sitting on Natalia's lap, though, Natalia moved to sit in Damon's vacated chair after he got up to tend to business with Ares.

Arella seems content to stay there for now, so I don't stress about taking her back.

"Do you want to spend some time by the pool today?" Natalia suddenly asks after looking up from the girls.

The thought is nice. We just didn't bring bathing suits. It was the last thing I was thinking about when I was packing up our clothes with dead bodies surrounding us.

"We didn't bring suits." I reply, leaning over to push Arella's messy hair out of her eyes.

She looks back at me, a smile stretching her cheeks.

"You can borrow one of mine and I bet one of McKenna's would fit Arella."

I size up Natalia. She's much smaller than me in height, but our build is about the same. The only difference is our bust size. She seems about a cup size smaller than I am.

Whatever, there will just be a little bit of spillage. It will be fine.

"Perfect." I smile, holding my hands out for Arella.

She immediately comes into my awaiting arms, snuggling into my body when I hold her close to my chest. Her tiny hand pulls on the neckline of my shirt, looking up at me with those questioning eyes of hers.

"You can have some when we go up to change." I whisper lowly.

"Follow me." Natalia stands, guiding the way towards McKenna's room.

It's adorable in here, a room fit for a princess. While carrying McKenna, she enters the closet and returns carrying two bathing suits. She holds out a one piece pink suit with little bows on the over-the-shoulder straps.

Perfect.

"Sorry if it's a little big. Oh! And I also grabbed this for you." She holds out a swim diaper.

"I would've forgotten if you didn't remember. I haven't had to remember things like swim diapers in nearly fourteen years." Chuckling, I grab the diaper from her.

Following Natalia into her room, she goes to a huge walk-in closet, opening a drawer full of bikinis. She holds up several, shaking her head until she finally comes across one that has a lot of straps and is a neon yellow color.

"This one would be amazing with your skin. You have such beautiful olive skin. Quite similar to Ares. You are his cousin after all."