Thirty-Eight

Damon

"Please?" Freya begs, looking down at me with her dark green eyes.

It's still early in the morning, the sun barely peeking through the curtains. Freya sits on my lap as I rest my back against the headboard. She leans down, resting her forehead against mine.

"It'll just be for a couple hours. The guards will be there. Come on, handsome. We can't stay inside for the rest our lives. I want Arella to experience a picnic."

She woke up with idea in her head that we had to go on a picnic today. I'm adamant that it's not a good idea. Considering we would be in a open park, surrounded by people. It's like she wants us to be ambushed.

Sighing, I wrap my arms around her body, grabbing two handfuls of ass. Freya smiles down at me and I know I'm a goner. That smile will get my wife anything she wants. She knows it too.

"Fine. We'll go on a picnic. Only for a couple hours and then we're heading home. I'm only doing this because I want Arella to have some semblance of normal." I concede.

Soft pink lips meet mine in a happy kiss and then she's shooting up, rushing to the closet to get ready. I watch her lace covered ass as she goes, reaching down to adjust my erection with a grimace.

"Why don't you go get Arella from Alessandro? I'll lay out some clothes." My wife pops her head out of our walk-in closet to ask.

"Just give me a minute." I look down at my lap and understanding dawns across her face.

Yeah, I'm not going to go grab my child with a massive erection, so I start to think about all the shit that I have to do. Taking over Egor's docks has been a pain in my ass. His men are having a hard time realizing their leader is dead.

They can either get with the program that they answer to me now, or they can die. Only a fool would choose death over what I'm offering them. They get to keep their cushy little lives while working for somebody that pays them well.

Only the most loyal have gotten a shallow grave. Loyalty is a good trait to have. Loyalty to a dead man is just stupid.

In no time at all, my problem is gone and I stand, throwing on some sweatpants. Alessandro's door is closed tight and I hear no sounds coming from inside.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were still asleep. It's still quite early, but Arella needs her morning milk and a diaper change.

Knocking three times, I open the door to the cutest sight. My baby is sleeping soundly on top of her brother's chest. He's out cold as well with one hand on top of her back.

Instead of waking them right away, I lean up against the doorframe and smile. When I first brought her home, I thought Dro wouldn't be interested in her at all. I was so wrong. Arella needed a brother that was like her.

Alessandro just needed somebody to love. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves us, but he needed somebody to care for.

Deciding I need to stop being a creep, I step into the room and lean down to take my baby. Almost instantly, Alessandro wakes and grumbles, wrapping his arms tighter around the sleeping tot.

"I have to get her ready, son. Mama wants to go on a picnic today with the family. Do you want to come?"

He reaches up and rubs his eyes in threes. Always in threes. Rub the left, then the right.