Chapter 14

Scene running from the wolves
(Mr.b, Susan, Lucy, Peter, and Y/n burst through the little door at top speed) Mr.b: hurry mama! They're after us Mrs.b: oh, right then (dashes around grabbing things from various cupboards) Peter: What's she doing? (Mr Beaver indicates she's lost it!) Mrs. Beaver: Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry. Mr. Beaver: I'm cranky now! Maugrim: Take them. 

Back inside the Dam.

Susan: Do you think we'll need jam? Peter: Only if the Witch serves toast. (Everyone gasps as the wolves start attacking the dam. Interior shot of the wolves breaking through the wood.) Maugrim: Hurry. (The wolves get in. The place is empty. One starts pawing at a door, opens it and peers down a tunnel. Cut to inside the tunnel) Mr. B: Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place. Mrs. Beaver: You told me it led to your mum's! (Lucy trips on a root...howling can be heard) Y/N: Lucy! Lucy: They're in the tunnel. Mr. B: Quick! This way. Mrs. Beaver: Hurry! Peter: Run! Mrs. B: Quick! Quick! Quick! (They continue to run further but come to dead end) Mrs. B: You should have brought a map! Mr. B: There wasn't room next to the jam! (He jumps up and into the hole. Everyone else follows.) Susan: Lucy!(Lucy backs away as the others emerge, trips and falls flat on her back. Peter and Mr. B roll a barrel in front of the hole, Mr. B turns and his face drops when he sees what Lucytripped over – little woodland creatures turned to stone. Mr. B walks up to a stone Badger and touches its paw.)Mrs. B: I'm so sorry, dear Mr. Beaver: He was my best mate. Peter: What happened here?A fox appears on a little ledge above the Badger hole. Fox: This is what becomes of those who cross the Witch Mr. B: You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters! Fox: Relax. I'm one of the good guys Mr. B: Yeah? Well, you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones. Fox: An unfortunate family resemblance. But we can argue breeding later. Right now we've got to move. Peter: What did you have in mind? Wolves burst out of the barreled up hole and encircle the Fox who was in the process of covering the tracks with his tail before they came. Fox: Greetings, gents. Lost something, have we? Maugrim (circles the fox): Don't patronize me! I know where your allegiance lies. We'relooking for some humans. Fox: (laughs) Humans? Here in Narnia? That's a valuable bit of information, don't you think?One of the other wolves pounces on the fox and grabs him harshly in his jaws. Maugrim walks right up to him. Maugrim: Your reward is your life. It's not much, but still. Where were the fugitives? (The Fox hangs his head in shame and points with a paw) Fox: North. They ran north. Maugrim: Smell them out. (Wolf casts aside the fox and runs off. Fox lies still on the ground.) Sitting around a fire (Cut to a lit fire. The Fox yelps as Mrs Beaver attempts to sort out his wounds) Fox: They were helping Tumnus. The Witch got here before I did. Ow! Oh! Lucy: Are you all right? Fox: Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite. Ow!Mrs. B: Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day.Mr. B: Worst day of the year. Fox: Thank you for your kindness, but that's all the cure I have time for.Lucy: You're leaving? Fox: It has been a pleasure, My Queen, and an honor, but time is short and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops. Mr. Beaver: You've seen Aslan? Mrs. B: What's he like?Fox: Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch Susan: But we're not planning fighting any witch. Fox: But surely, King Peter and Queen Y/n, the prophecy! Mr. Beaver: We can't go to war without you too. Peter: We just want our brother back. Y/n: yes we just want him to be safe (Peter grab Y/n hands and they look at each other)