Chapter 15

Scene: The Stone Bridge 

Mr. B: Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river. Peter: River? Mrs. B: Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years. Peter: It's so far! Mrs. B: It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small? Susan: Smaller. 

Scene: Father Christmas Cut to a wide shot of Susan, Lucy, Peter, Y/N and the Beavers walking across a HUGE frozen lake. 

 Mr. B: Come on, humans! While we're still young.(Peter bends down to give Lucy a piggy back ride and grabs your hand) Peter: If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat. Mr. Beaver: Hurry up! Come on! Lucy: He is getting a little bossy! Mrs. B: No! Behind you! It's her! Mr. B: Run! Run! Peter: Run!(The children and beavers flee across the lake and into the woods as the sleigh gains behind them. They run into the forest on the other end of the lake.) Peter: Hurry! Mr. B: Inside! Dive! Dive! Mrs. B: Quick! Quick, quick, quick!(They dive down into a little cave and go very still, watching the shadow on the mound of snow in front of them. Snow drops down as someone moves about over them and walks away.) Lucy: Maybe she's gone. Y/N: I suppose I'll go look. Mr. B: No! (climbing out) You're worth nothing to Narnia dead! Mrs. B: Well, neither are you, Beaver. Mr. B : (takes her paws in his) Thanks sweetheart! (scrambles up top. The others wait nervously.) Susan: What's that? What's... Peter: Shh, shh, shh. (Mr. B suddenly pops his head down. Lucy shrieks!) Mr. B: Come out! Come out! I hope you've all been good 'cause there's someone hereto see ya!19 (The others look at each other curiously before emerging and seeing Father Christmas who laughs happily! Lucy walks towards him.) Lucy: Merry Christmas, sir. Father Christmas: It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived. Susan: Look, I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this... Peter: We thought you were the Witch. Father Christmas: Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but in my defense, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch. Susan: I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia. Father Christmas: No. Not for a long time. But the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power. Still, I dare say you could do with these. (reaches into his sleigh and pulls out a huge brown sack) Lucy: Presents! (runs up to him) Father Christmas: The juice of the fire-flower. One drop will cure any injury. And though I hope you never have to use it... (presents her with a little dagger).Lucy: Thank you, sir, but I think I could be brave enough. Father Christmas: I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs. Susan & Y/N. (she steps forwards and he hands you guys a bow and a quiver of arrows) Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss. Susan: What happened to "battles are ugly affairs"? Father Christmas: Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard,(presents her with an ivory horn) blow on this horn and wherever you are, help will come also. Susan: Thanks.(she steps back and Peter steps forwards. Father Christmas gives him a bright silver shield and a sword in its scabbard. Peter draws the sword out.) Father Christmas: Peter. The time to use these may be near at hand. Peter: Thank you, sir. Father Christmas: These are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan! (climbs into his sleigh) And Merry Christmas! Lucy: Merry Christmas! Y/N: Merry Christmas, sir! Peter: Bye, sir! See you next year! Lucy: Goodbye! Mrs. B: ha ha ha! Lucy: Told you he was real. Peter: He said winter was almost over. You know what that means. No more ice.