Chapter 16

Scene: Crossing the Frozen River   

 Peter: We need to cross, now! Lucy: Don't beavers make dams? Mr. Be: I'm not that fast, dear. Peter: Come on!20 Susan: Wait! Will you just think about this for a minute? Peter: We don't have a minute. Susan: I'm just trying to be realistic. Peter: No, you're trying to be smart. As usual. Y/N: Both of you stop fighting this won't get us anywhere (Starts climbing down. Susan looks like she might stay but the howling of the wolves in the distance changes her mind. Shot of the wolves sniffing at the cave where the children previously hid. Shot of the witch in her sleigh crossing the huge frozen lake. Back at the river, Peter puts a foot on the ice and water spurts up from under it)Mr. B: Wait. Maybe I should go first. Peter: Maybe you should.(Mr. B tests out the ice with his feet and tail, trying to find the strongest passage)Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you? Mr. B: Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last. Especially with your cooking. (The children start to follow Mr. B across the ice.) Susan: If Mum knew what we were doing...Peter: Mum's not here. Lucy: Oh, no! (Y/N notices the wolves running across the top of the frozen waterfall to the other side of the river) Peter: Run! Susan: Hurry! (The wolves leap in front on them on the frozen river. Turning they see they are trapped by the rest of the wolves. Mr. B tries to threaten on but is pounced on and pinned to the ground.)Mrs. B: No! Lucy: Peter!(Peter draws his sword.) Maugrim: Put that down, boy. Someone could get hurt. Mr. B: Don't worry about me! Run him through! Maugrim: Leave now while you can, and your brother goes with you. Susan: Stop, Peter! Maybe we should listen to him! Maugrim: Smart girl. Mr. B: Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now! Maugrim: Oh, come on. This isn't your war. All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go. Susan: Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero! Just drop it! Mr. B: No, Peter! Narnia needs ya! Gut him while you still have a chance! Maugrim: What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river. Lucy & Y/N: Peter! (looking up horrified)Peter (noticing the waterfall is starting to crack and collapse): Hold onto me! (Stabs sword into the ice. The waterfall plunges down on them and sweeps them away. The beavers propel the chunk of ice to shore. You turn to check up on Lucy but you didn't see her when you see a hand coming out of the water you let go Peter's hand. You jump into the water to get Lucy after you carry her out and start looking for Peter. Peter stands up holding Lucy's & Y/N coats in his hand, but no Lucy.)Mrs. B: Lovely. Susan: What have you done? Lucy! Y/N! Lucy: (off-screen) Has anyone seen my coat? Y/N: Also mine Mr. B: Don't you worry, dear. Your brother's got you well looked after. Mrs. B: And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore.(They see a blossom growing in sped up style and leave their coats behind as the wood changes from winter into spring/summer)