^^above is the tags I added on ao3 cuz tags here r kind of ass but I just thought ir was worth sharing lmao. Is the song from TMNT 2007? yes it is because the soundtrack is straight up fire
--

Chapter 3. Did you ever get the feeling you were born to lose? - Rip it up, Jet
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻
00:10 ━⬤────────── 03:21

"Alright, so we spread out and look for the weird things that are going around attacking people, and signal if we see anything off. Donnie, ya with us?"

"Oh yeah, uh huh, I'm with you." He was not with them. In fact, his head was somewhere else completely as he tap tap tapped away at his phone without so much as blinking, barely remembering to even breathe.

"Oh, he's having a hyperfixation moment," Leo waved his hand.

"I am not hyperfixiating I can stop any time I want," Donnie replied dismissively without looking up. "Weird things, attacking people, see something say something, yada yada."

"You know he's been awfully glued to that thing since he stole (Name) away from us," Mikey pointed out with a frown.

"True, that thing's becoming a distraction," Raph said, sounding like a parent concerned about their child's screen time.

"No it's not, I'm fine, how about we start the mission already?" Donnie rolled his eyes, and jumped across the roof, speeding from top to top. He called to them, "I'll take 30th avenue for, uh, no particular reason!"

"Stop right there dirty love of our lives stealer!" Leo pointed a sword before chasing after him.

"We'll have our vengeance!" Mikey proclaimed before leaping after Leo.

"Guys-! At least try to take this seriously!" Raph scolded, before pausing. "But if we're going all out!"

He whipped out his sais and the four turtles zapped from building to building, racing to get to Pizza Wizza under the cover of night. While they were unfocused, something lurked in the dark of the city.

You weren't the biggest fan of the dark. You only took the orders that were in the more active places of the city or lively neighborhoods, and while it helped you learn your way around a little, you loathed delivering at night.

Well, at least those weirdos tipped you extra whenever you delivered for them in whatever random sinister hideout they settled on this time. Tonight didn't seem like one of those nights, however, that gamer dude (Danny?) was very active, you two had been messaging back and forth, just a little bit... Somehow he managed to finish the new God of Battle game before you even finished downloading it, literally what was wrong with this guy.

If you had to make a guess, he was the kind of guy living in his mom's basement that would never do anything substantial in his life. Then again, if you had a mom you would probably be the same, cough.

Ah well, you put your phone away as you strapped the pizza boxes to the moped and ignited the engine. Your eyes practically rolled to the back of your head when you saw that the gas tank was nearly empty. Did Keno use 5 whole gallons of fuel delivering two goddamn boxes? You were seriously about to strangle that boy, martial artist or not.

Pulling aside into a gas station, you selected bottom tier gas because you were broke and kind of lazy, and fiddled with the handle to set it on automatically pumping gas itself. Clapping your hands together to dust off that nasty grime, you sat down next to the machine and waited for it to fill in another minute.

You jumped when your phone rang, and answered right away. The only person that called was either work or your dad, so you were quite nervous.

"Hello? Who's this?" you said.