Binging 2012 again w the box set tehe and waaas simultaneously writing new chaps but. Now I'm like suuper disoriented when I try to do write for Rise fjdhdhrbbd
--

Chapter 7. Hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race!
Mr. Blue Sky - Blue Light Orchestra
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻
01:32 ━━⬤───────── 05:03

"So? So? What grade did you get?" A purple flea bounced back and forth across your shoulders.

"How are you allowed on campus with that shady getup?" April questioned. It was insane, he was a green guy with a hoodie on and three toes.

You were annoyed at his question and put your portable laundry basket in your locker, still mulling over the loss of your backpack. "The professor gave me a C- and said we should follow Geraldo's example instead of goofing off in costumes with our friends. She also added she didn't know I had those, or a whole five of them."

"Really? After all that?" Donnie said. "Well I did calculate a high probability of doubt, but what did Geraldo do that was so magnificent?"

Your mind flashed back to when the teacher was projecting everyone's submissions on the white board for a very public, merciless critique. Geraldo's exquisite photograph of a cosplay wizard pissing in a subway somehow captured the very essence of Manhattan and he received the highest grade in the class, bumping everyone down to a C.

April cringed. "Sheesh, freaking cosplay wizards. On the upside, that stuff you got at Comedy Dogma will do great when I write a mini-report on it. Skimming over a few major details of course."

Donnie wowed. "Look at you, you're going from proofreading to doing mini-reports."

Thr brunette stuck her tongue out happily. "I'm gonna follow in Warren Stone's footsteps and be the top anchorwoman of all time! You are looking at future Miss Channel 6 Breaking News Reporter, April O'Neil!" She topped it off with a spin.

"Yeaah, go April! Even if I have no idea who that guy, is but yeaaah!"

You took your phone out, emailing her the pictures you scanned digitally so she could print them out later, as she insisted you signed them too. It'd been about a year since you'd first picked up a camera as more than just a hobby, distantly recalling the camcorder your mother would make use of on family trips. Thinking of your family, and your mom, you knew she was out there somewhere. With the new dorky pals for life you'd become acquainted with, maybe you'd learn more about the hidden underbelly of New York that drove your family back here years ago.

But now wasn't the time to bring it up. You still had other obligations, but nothing would stop you from finding out the truth. Not evil mutants, not your strict boss, and definitely not your dad.

"(Name)?"

You jumped, getting lost in your own head. You whipped your head around, your gaze finally finding April and Donnie.

"You alright? You seem distracted," April said.

"I'm fine, I just need to, uh, when does Final Fantasy XVII come out again?" You blurted the first thing you could think of.

Donnie immediately started rambling with excitement. "Oh my gosh, the seventeenth one! I'm SO glad you brought that up because the company just announced everything that's gonna be included in the limited pre-launch collector's edition! The actual date is, what, half a year from now? BUT I am working on bots to outdo the bots from botting all the preorder units before they run out-"

Right, you almost forgot he was a gamer on the side. April was making comments here and there about the prior entries and that Final Fantasy started getting kind of bad after the 10th one, but Donnie was a hardcore believer and also hyped up Final Fantasy XIII for no particular reason, definitely nothing to do with the protaganist being a total babe, no no not at all.