➀➅

When part 2 is all up I'll probs take a mini hiatus but I do intend to fully finish this fic, no worries! I've just been writing a looot more in 2 months than I have in 2 years, ehe
--

16. Was a funny conversation until she stabbed my face on that floor
-Bad Times, Ra Ra Riot
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻
01:30 ━━━⬤─────── 03:35

"I don't think I can ever eat chicken nuggets ever again."

When you awoke, it was to a miserable cold sweat and with jolt as if you'd woken from a dream of falling or being attacked. Oh yeah, you had fallen after being attacked.

At least, you thought so. Your memory was hazy, your brief panic attack inducing a dissociative state where your mind had escaped your body as an unwilling outside spectator to the chaos that the winged beast had invited.

But even that didn't compare to the headache caused by having to see your least favorite turtle first thing on opening your eyes. He was laying down in front of you, slender legs splayed out and arm propping his head up like one of your French girls. All while pretending he didn't have a mushroom garden growing on him that made you want to spray some herbicide like it was Febreeze.

"That's disgusting," you said plainly after examining his situation and stood up, ignoring the arrow in his chest. "Where is he? Where's Donnie?"

"Oh, you actually called him by his name. I thought you might've forgotten it," Leo remarked teasingly. "Or used his full name like you rudely do to the rest of us."

And according to CTRL+F, you had not once called the other idiot brothers by their nickname, since nicknames are for friends and you could only handle two at a time, like gradually unlocking the amount of Persona slots in Persona 3 by progressing the story.

Even just the ones you acknowledged was draining, since you actually had to be nice and care about them, and even remember them. That required just a little too much brain power already.

You examined your surroundings, not to gauge the situation but to find the turtle you actually liked. Your features expressed dissatisfaction at the lack of a purple turtle, even without knowing the full context of the current situation.

"Funny story, yeaah he's not here. We must've gotten separated during the fall but at least we have each other~" Leo feigned charm at the end of his sentence.

If you knew him any better, you'd theorize he was doing an impression of your customer service voice.

Too bad he would never hear it again because he got you fired and kept butting in on your personal life and even got you lost but who was keeping track during this perilous journey.

"I'm shaking with joy," you stated, leaning over to pick up the umbrella that landed near you and thankfully seemed undamaged. "I'm glad this survived."

"Oh he was working on that for a while so I'm not surprised if he made it with vibranium super metal, but speaking of shaking," Leo cleared his throat and suddenly spoke with more concern. "You were looking bad up there, we were really worried. Is everything okay? If you're afraid of birds that much I won't bully you about it, promise."

The area you two had fallen in was strange to say the least. It was mushy and soft and had the smooth, slick texture of a damp, skinless orange fruit. Despite the strange organic nature of it, there was still vegetation growing in certain spots. This combination of circumstances made it extremely lucky you'd both, and surely three, survived.

"Are you listening to me?"

Even worse was that Leonardo was unarmed and lacking his swords. Knowing him, they probably got lost in the Mushroom Forest somewhere and now you were all stuck and lost somewhere that felt too alive and gross and disgusting. Not to mention, the man had a whole fungal infestation on part of his torso and you did not want to deal with that for the next hour or two or however many it would take to escape.