Chapter 05 || Surprises

•••

•••

"an extra lip peircing and one on the eyebrow," hayeon hums, writing the details down in her notepad and nods, thinking of more potentially attractive things to add in the character. she had seen people being covered in tattoos, their chest, arms, neck and some even got it on their back and abdomen. it looked cool honestly but only to some extent, so she decides to keep it concise.

"tattoos in one arm," she nods with this and moves on to further thinking of a signature mark that make this character stand out, and that one detail would let the readers know that he is not to be mistaken for anyone else in the story. "a scar?" she nibbles on her lip, nodding slowly, "yeah, of course he's a criminal. he could get a scar from some previous fight."

after jotting down some basic eye catching details, she leans back on the chair, staring at the wall, busy brainstorming some great names for the criminal, but nothing appeals to her no matter how much she tried. from the last two days, all hayeon was trying to do was get a good name for the character.

her thinking is interrupted eventually with the ringtone of her phone, making her groan in annoyance, although the disruption turns into a smile when her eyes see her father's contact appearing on the screen. she answers the call instantly, getting up from the chair and lays on the bed, smiling at the screen, "hi dad,"

"hey, how's my little girl doing?"

"i'm good, very good actually! how are you?" she chirps, settling the phone with the support of a pillow and lays on her stomach, resting her elbows on the bed and her chin on the palms.

"i'm doing great, just thought i should talk to you, it's been a while and you didn't seem like missing me." the father says, making her pout and shake her head quickly.

"no, i miss you! i just didn't really get any time to call you,"

"i know, it'a alright," he smiles at her, "where's taehyung?"

"work," hayeon shakes her head, "ah by the way, my birthday is coming, what's my gift?"

"hm, i actually called you for that, sweetheart,"

"really?" hayeon gasps, breaking into a huge grin, "yes! tell me!"

"when will you grow up?" he laughs, shaking his head at his daughter while she shrugs, "listen, i was thinking if you could come home for a few days? y'know celebrate your birthday here and some awesome daddy-daughter days like before?"

hayeon covers her mouth, smiling too wide and nods quickly, "yep! i'd love that! i'm missing you so much dad,"

"i know, hayeonie, that's why i'm saying come home." he says, "and it would be great if taehyung could come with you as well."

"that's pretty hard. he rarely ever stays home, so i don't think he'll come. but i'll definitely ask him."

"sure do," he nods, "anyway, what have you beem up to lately?"