Chapter 11 || Tiny Trouble

•••

"get away right now,"

"what?" jungkook frowns, earning a confused glance from hayeon which makes him cough lightly and laugh, "what happened will you tell me everything clearly?"

"who's it?"

"just a friend," he answers, "i'm driving home right now."

"don't. go literally anywhere, not that place. park jimin is there."

jungkook feels his breath hitching at the information, not believing the elder man's words at once, gulping his saliva down and forces out a laugh, "ah is that so? don't worry i'll come over." he glances at hayeon with an apologetic smile, putting his phone down, "i'm sorry, one of my co-workers needs some help."

"ah that's fine, so... are you going right now?" hayeon asks.

"yes, actually the manager of the pub called from his phone, he's completely wasted there." jungkook says slowly, stopping the car at the side of the street and steps out, "i'm really sorry, i'll make it up to you later though,"

"you better do," hayeon jokes, getting out of the car with him and walks to the driver's side, "how are you going?"

"i'll call a cab," jungkook bites his lip, staring at his phone while texting someone aggressively and hayeon sighs.

"or maybe we both can go help your friend?"

jungkook's snaps up from his phone, staring at hayeon with wide eyes and sweat forming on his forehead, even though his distress is hard to tell from the outside for he still stays as calm as ever and eyes hold negligible emotions, nor is he smiling, "no hayeon, thanks for offering help though. he's drunk and i don't want you to experience anything unpleasant because of me. plus, it's getting late, we should've been home by now. you should go, i'll manage."

"well alright, if you say so," hayeon nods slowly, smiling at him as he opens the door, moving aside so she could get in, "thanks for today, i really enjoyed."

"yeah, me too," jungkook nods, flinching subtly when his phone rings again, "i gotta go, bye, drive safe. and call me when you've reached home."

"okay?" hayeon chuckles, sitting on the driver's seat, "bye, see you tomorrow,"

jungkook nods, waving at her and answers the call, seeing her driving away in the direction of home, "yes hyung?" he breathes out in relief, "where did jimin come from?"

"i don't know, he was supposed to be here i've heard. but he came two days sooner for some reason." jungkook curses under his breath, listening to the man's voice in his phone, "and who's the girl you've been hanging out with? i told you very clearly jungkook, no love angles and no feelings, you can get killed or be in the jail for the rest of your life because of your fucking socializing skills!"

"hyung, relax. i have no interest in hanging out with that girl... she's park hyunmin's daughter."

"what's her name?"

jungkook sighs deeply, massaging his temples as he answers, "hayeon,"

"don't tell me you like this girl, kook. you can't-"

"yoongi hyung, listen to me, i don't like this girl you can relax. but you know what bugs me? she's dating kim taehyung, the one we didn't want to cross paths with."

"officer kim taehyung? the seoul one?"

"yeah, him," jungkook nods, nibbling on his lower lip, "hayeon is his girlfriend."

the man breathes out, "listen, get that girl. we finally have something against that bastard."

"yeah," jungkook hums, "this time kim taehyung will lose,"