Chapter 14 || Birthday

•••

"hey princess, happy birthday to you," hyunmin says with a warm smile, hugging his daughter close to his chest and pats her back, "every year my baby's growing up, and today you're twenty-one. be happy always, stay healthy and have everything you love. god bless you my little girl,"

"thank you, but i do expect a bigger gift than your pretty wishes for me," hayeon snickers, kissing her dad's cheek and hugs him again, "i already kinda have everything that you said dad, i am happy, and healthy and even have everything i love- i mean, i got the best dad in the world, the best boyfriend, a best friend," she glances at jimin who gasps and nods proudly in approval of her words, "-and i'm doing what i wanted to do, as in being a writer. so you see, i've got everything,"

"you deserve all of it," hyunmin emphasizes, cupping her cheek with his hand. then jimin clears his throat dramatically, stepping forward next to the father, holding a cake in his hands for hayeon.

the girl smiles at him, taking her birthday cake and whispers a soft 'thanks' to jimin, making him smile as well, as he wraps his arm around her shoulders, subtly hugging her from the side, "happy birthday, angel,"

hayeon glances up at his face before blowing off the candles and closes her eyes to wish something, but it's interrupted when a door clicks open at the end of the hallway and a lazy jungkook steps out, headphones hanging from his neck, bare chest and abs on for a display with the grey joggers hanging loosely on his torso, leaving the band of his kelvin clien underwear visible.

"hey...?" he husks out, pushing his hair back and licks his lips, "why is everyone up?"

"ah jungkook-ah, i didn't wake you up- you looked tired so," hyunmin says, "it's hayeon's birthday, i told you remember?"

"ah yes," jungkook nods, stopping near the three and looks at the birthday girl, his brows arching up at angle and so does his lips, curving into a half smile, "happy birthday park hayeon,"

"thank you jeon jungkook," she giggles, showing him the cake jimin and her father brought, "wanna join?"

"right now?" jungkook asks, glancing at hyunmin who shrugs his shoulders and pats his daughter's head.

"you kids can stay up if you want. i'm gonna sleep now. once again, happy birthday hayeonie, and don't bother the boys too much." he says before heading downstairs, leaving the young people alone to celebrate hayeon's birthday at midnight.

the girl smiles in excitement, entering the room followed by the two boys from which jimin glares at jungkook, walking ahead first to always keep jungkook away from hayeon. jungkook scoffs lightly at the attempt as he sits on the bed and puts his headphones down, "i totally forgot it was your birthday," he says.

"that's okay, it's not that big of a deal," hayeon shrugs and picks up the plastic knife as she settles the cake on the table and glances at the boys, cutting out a slice of the cake, holding it for jimin to eat first. he takes a small bite, smiling at her as he gets some icing on his finger and puts it on her cheek, making hayeon whine in annoyance, pulling her head back and shoves the rest of the cake in his mouth.

"it tastes good," jimin laughs, "you should try it,"

"obviously it's mine," she huffs, cutting another slice and feeds it to jungkook who eats half, then takes her hand, making her eat the rest of it while he licks the cream off his lips, watching her giggle as she likes the cake.

in the corner of his eyes, jungkook notices a hard glare from jimin who's visibly having difficulty restraining himself from punching jungkook right in the face. he smirks off more to jimin, but keeps his eyes on hayeon and stands up, "so what do you want for your birthday?" his voice still sounds raspy and low from it being midnight and he had fallen asleep midst of watching a movie.