Chapter 13 || Step Brother

•••

"i'll talk to him," jimin hums on the phone, buttoning up the shirt of uniform and takes a deep breath, "when are you coming?"

"the commissioner is up my ass, i'm not even going home," taehyung groans, "and now this jeon jungkook issue! where the hell did he come from out of nowhere?!"

"he was living in disguise right under our noses," jimin grits, "please talk to namjoon as soon as possible or else there won't be much use of me being here. we have nothing against jungkook right now and i can't arrest him just like that."

"i'll look into the previous cases. there's no way i'm letting that bastard breathe. not near my hayeon at least,"

"that reminds me of, he will surely try something..."

"of course he will, he just wants to get back at me and he's got hayeon there, i don't see why he wouldn't use her against me."

"exactly," jimin nods in the mirror, picking up his phone from the desk and turns off the speaker as he heads out of the room, "that's why i'm saying, do something before it's too late."

"you mean calling her back?"

"not exactly," jimin hums, thinking carefully and shakes his head to himself, "i don't think calling her back would be a good option. you're already too busy with work, and i won't be there too. she'll be an easy target there too, more exposed, more vulnerable. here at least i can keep an eye and i'm sure jungkook won't do anything in presence of her father, and especially when he knows i'm watching."

"right, i- fuck!" taehyung hisses, "jimin, i gotta go, the jerk is here. take care please,"

"yeah, don't worry," he nods with a soft sigh, entering the kitchen where he finds jungkook sitting alone, putting some butter on his toast, whistling in his own little world. jimin walks past him, preparing himself a cup of coffee and skims through the counter for the instant coffee mix.

"second cabinet from right," jungkook says, not lifting up his eyes from his toast and takes a bite of it, nodding at the taste, "coffee," he hints and hears jimin groaning to himself in annoyance. "that uniform fits you still,"

"my gun does too," jimin replies and jungkook clicks his tongue at that.

"i just helped you find the coffee powder bro, not even a thanks?"

jimin glares at him, leaving the cup aside and stops in front of jungkook, his hand moving swiftly to get the younger in a good grasp and press his face into the counter, "you do not try to act smart with me, jungkook. i'm not buying any of your shit."

"ow, that hurts," jungkook winces, "why are you getting mad jimin-ssi? did i say something wrong?"

"cut the crap and tell me why you're here," jimin grits low, pulling out his revolver and has the muzzle pressed on the side of jungkook's hip. "why are you back?"

"back? i never left in the first place," he chuckles, tilting his head a little to look up at jimin's angry expression, "anyway, i won't call you a fool for not noticing me for four
years. but that is funny- the whole police department thinking this dude is dead when he's actually living in his own hometown, has a job and doing pretty much everything a normal person does. joke's on you park jimin."

"fuck you!"

"oh no, please, you and your motherfucker bestie already fucked up my life pretty bad. leave me alone now, officer. i heard that the law doesn't hurt the innocent,"