Chapter 23

*DISCLAIMER* I SUGGEST YOU GO BACK AND RE-READ THE PAST FEW CHAPTERS BEFORE READING THIS ONE AS I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE SO IT MIGHT BE CONFUSING.

Y/Ns POV:
It's currently 1:53am. I'm not going to lie, I haven't gotten any sleep and I have to be awake for training at 5am. I just can't stop thinking about Natasha and Wanda, I never realised how much stress someone could cause me. I know I said all of them nice things about Wanda to Nat earlier on, but that was to make Nat jealous and I kinda hoped it would get her off my case for a bit. Clearing it's backfired to me because I can't stop thinking about her. Did I actually offend her?

I come to the conclusion that there's no way I'm going to manage to fall asleep now, so I get out of bed and decide to go on a walk around the compound. Even though I'm an avenger, I'm actually scared of almost everything, especially the dark but right now that's the last thing I can think off. I head to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Why are you awake?"

My heart drops as I turn around to see Bucky standing infront of me.

"Don't sneak up on me like that" I say, holding my chest.
"And I could ask you the same thing"

Bucky smirks

"I just went for a quick run, I can't sleep. And by the looks of it you can't either" Bucky says.

"Yeah I just can't stop thinking about Na-
I have to stop myself
"Nothing...I just can't sleep" I say, hoping I saved myself.

"You know Y/N you're a pretty girl, you shouldn't be wasting your time on Natasha or Wanda. Do you actually see anything in them? Seriously? It's about time you settle down" Bucky says confidently.

I just stare at him in disbelief.
Did he just tell me I need to settle down? I'm literally 22. (ok taylor swift)
I don't have time for this right now. I just shake my head and start walking away.

"HEY stop!" Bucky yells as he grabs my arm with his metal arm, he's got a firm grip of me, it hurts.

"You're hurting me stop" I say whilst wiggling my arm trying to move it free.

"Y/N you need to listen to me. I'm just trying to help you". He says, whilst gaining a tighter grip of my arm and slowly beginning to try and pull me forward closer to him.

"Bucky I'm tired now, I have training in a few hours please just leave it, I don't need your input on who I date or who I like it's none of your business and it's not like you would know anything away. You were practically brainwashed for half of your life murdering people, I don't even understand why you're here actually, you don't bring much to the team anyway." I say aggressively.

His eyebrows narrow and his face has slightly shifted into a frown. I think I've pissed him off, which again, is not what I need right now.

"You're so fucking stupid Y/N. You walk around as if you own the place you think everyone is in love with you and is completely obsessed with you. Well open your eyes sweetheart there's a reason Natasha hates you and there's a reason why you're always falling out with people to the point where no one wants you around anymore. You're worthless Y/N. People only like you for your looks. Apart from that you are just ugly inside" Bucky says whilst gritting his teeth.

I just stand there in silence whilst he still has hold of my arm. I don't know what to do or say.

"Barnes what the fuck are you doing let her go"

Natasha.
The sound of her voice makes me feel so relieved.

Bucky glares at Nat and then back at me again, before letting me go and quickly storming off into the opposite direction. I still stand in the same position as if he's still holding my arm.

Natasha quickly walks over to me "are you ok?" She asks.

I don't say anything.
She asks me again.
I still don't say anything.

"Let's get your arm checked out" she says.

"No I'm fine. He didn't mean to hurt me it's just because he has a metal arm" I say. Nat stares at me as if I'm a maniac.

"I know but you're still hurt Y/N" she says, tracing her fingers down my arm.

"I'm fine." I say sternly.

"I'm sorry did you not just hear what he said to you? If you say your arm doesn't hurt then I believe you but I'm asking if you're emotionally ok Y/N." Nat says with a concerned look on her face.

"He's probably just sleep deprived. I don't think he's slept much lately." I say.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm trying so hard to defend Bucky. He did just act like a dick but Nat is the last person I want to speak to right now. And also, he made a good point, I've been selfish lately and it's affecting the others.

But I know that if Natasha wasn't here right now, I would be balling my eyes out.

"Whatever, suit yourself" Nat says as she scoffs and walks away back to her room.

Even though I was hinting to her that I wanted her to leave me alone. I'm kind of hurt that she actually left, I thought she would put up more of a fight.

I walk back to my room but somehow find myself walking straight past it and knocking on Wanda's door instead. She's probably asleep but it's worth a try.

"Who is it?" She asks, with a slight croak in her voice considering it's early hours in the morning. Can't lie, it makes her voice 10x more attractive than it already is. I slowly push her door open and see her sitting up from her bed and rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, I just don't want to be on my own" I whisper, knowing Wanda is definitely still upset with me and probably wants nothing to do with me.

She sighs.

"What happened?" She asks.

"I don't want to talk about it" I reply.

Wanda slightly nods her head. "Come here" she says whilst moving across to the other side of her bed making space for me. I lie down next to her.

"Has Natasha upset you?" Wanda asks.
I shake my head, even though she kind of has. I just can't be bothered explaining anything.

"I heard what you said about me last night, Y/N." She says.

Shit.

Wanda heard what I said? Shit she's going to think I'm completely in love with her. But I can't tell her that I said that just to make Nat jealous...or did I? Do I actually feel this way about Wanda?

I just pause anyway.

"I hope it boosts your ego" I reply whilst I roll over so I'm not facing her anymore.
She chuckles.
I can still feel her staring at the back of my head as if she is going to say something, but she doesn't. She just pulls the covers up a little bit more.

Although I'm grateful Wanda is letting me sleep in her bed, I still can't get my mind of Natasha. Which is bad, I know.

As soon as I begin to drift off to sleep, I feel an arm hug me around my waist. A more comforting, gentle arm. Wanda. I'm not sure if she's still awake and doing it on purpose to comfort me or if she's fallen back asleep and her arm just so happened to fall in that position. Either way, I feel safe.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me" I hear a voice say infront of me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
happy december! only 2 weeks til christmas!

i'm always apologising for never updating lol so again, i'm sorry.

time for daily prayer! hope you have all still been saying it without me having to remind you everyday.

🙏IT SHOULD'VE BEEN CLINT BUT IT COULDN'T OF BEEN CLINT🙏

literal perfection.

hope you all enjoy this chapter! thanks for reading :)