𝟬𝟬𝟯. dresses

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
003. dresses
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

annie and mags finally made their way onto the train. Once they did, Finnick and Lyra had calmed down and were now sitting opposite each other playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Both victors sat with a smile on their faces, a sad aura in the air due to everyone knowing that their temporary happiness would come to an end very soon.

After strapping down her fourth win, Lyra turned toward the women, her already bright smile widening. "Annie, Mags!" She greeted, jumping from the two women.

She gave gentle hugs to both, not wanting to hurt either of the delicate women. She first hugged Annie, Mags pulling her face from her slowly after their embrace, stroking her cheeks softly.

Mags loved the young girl just as much as she loved Finnick. Since her parents had died a few weeks before her games, the only mother figure she had was Mags.

The two women were very close and so when Lyra returned with her head injury, it worried Mags to no end.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

after reaching the capitol, lyra and finnick travelled inside hand in hand. The pair got separated quickly, though both extremely reluctant. Finnick got whisked off with one designer while Lyra went with another. finnick was forced to keep repeating how he needed to be with Lyra and how she didn't know what was going on as the stylists refused to listen.

Finally, when they'd both been poked and prodded with makeup brushes and hair products, they both met near their carriage, Lyra stroking the horses lightly.

"You wanna go say hi to some people?"

"Yeah... Haymich?"

"You remember Haymich, sweetheart?"

"Mhmm"

"Ok, I've gotta go talk to someone but you go find him and I'll see you in a bit, ok?"

"Ok" she said, uncertain with her ability to find and stay with Haymich. Her doubt appeared to be valid as she immediately bumped into a blonde boy and smiled, starting a conversation with the stranger.

"Hi, I'm Lyra!" She greeted enthusiastically.

"Uh- hi I'm Peeta"

"It's nice to meet you, Peeta"

"Umm- you too?"

It was then that Lyra decided that the conversation that she was partaking in was boring her and wandered off. The dazed look in her eyes slightly worried Peeta especially after learning that she'd had a head injury and that she could get herself hurt if she was left wandering around on her own and so he wandered after her as she slowly got closer and closer to Katniss and Finnick.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"katniss!" Finnick called to the girl on fire, looking past her quickly to make sure Lyra was safe and sound with Someone. Which she was as the girl was still walking around with a confused and worried Peeta following her.

Katniss turned from the horse she was previously petting to see a grinning Finnick Odair. "Hello, Finnick" she greeted.

"Do you want a sugar cube?" He asked "I mean, it's supposed to be for the horses, but... I mean, who cares about them, right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I... Well, if we see something sweet, we better grab it"

"No thanks" the girl denied "But I would love to borrow that outfit someday" she commented sarcastically.

"You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?"

"I outgrew them" Katniss stated sternly.

"You certainly did" he laughed "Shame about this Quell thing. Now, you... You could've made out like a bandit in The Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted"

"Well, I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need, so...What did you do with all your wealth, anyway?"

"I haven't dealt in anything as common as money in years"

"Then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?"

"With secrets" Finnick grinned. Before he could continue the conversation, Lyra had somehow ended up walking backwards and had bumped into him. "Woah, you ok there sweetheart?" He wondered, placing his hands on her waist and turning her around to face him.

Instead of her usual smile that she gave whenever the pair were together, her eyebrows furrowed as though she didn't recognise him. It took her a few seconds to realise who he was and when she did, her usual smile appeared.

While Lyra bounced onto the fronts of her feet to hug Finnick around his neck, the man just stood there looking especially worried for her as his arms wrapped around her in turn.

She'd never forgotten him before. Not even for a second. Even when she woke up from a particularly bad nightmare, Lyra always remembered Finnick.

Something that nearly everyone who knew Lyra was scared of was her memory getting worse. Maybe to the point of her not remembering events form before the accident.

And maybe that was what was happening.

"Are you ok, sweetheart?"

"I'm fine..." Lyra said, ever oblivious to the concerns he had "that's the fire girl" she pointed out, stepping away from their hug.

"Close" he sympathised.

"Hi, I'm Lyra" The blonde waved, interlocking her other hand with Finnicks, swinging their arms back and forth.

"Katniss Everdeen" Katniss greeted, as cold as ever.

"Nice to meet you Katniss Everdeen"

"What about you, Girl on Fire? Any secrets worth my time?"

"I'm an open book. Everybody always seems to know my secrets before I know them myself"

"Unfortunately, I think that's true. I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding. I know how devastating that must be for you"

"I thought we didn't believe the love story thing?" Lyra said lowly to Finnick. Though her voice was quiet, Katniss still heard what she thought was a teasing question meant for her to hear.

The girl on fire glared at the clueless girl fiercely, though it seemed no one but Peeta (who was standing off to the side) noticed.

"We don't, just teasing"

"Right ok. So they're liars?"

"Ok" Finnick chuckled, covering her mouth with his hand and pulling her body towards his. "Have a good day" he grinned.

───── authors note !
Hey loves! I kinda hate this chapter but... yeah. PLEASE comment and vote <3

 PLEASE comment and vote <3