𝟬𝟭𝟱. the capitol

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
015. the capitol
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

TW: DEATH, SLIGHT GORE, HUNGER GAMES STUFF ONCE AGAIN, SADNESS AT THE END :(((

lyra and peeta were soon dragged away from their game, katniss having figured out what wiress was trying to tell them. "This entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock" she explained "With a new threat every hour, but they stay only within their wedge. It all starts with the lightning, then blood, rain, fog, and monkeys. That's the first four hours. At ten that big wave hits from over there" she pointed at the opposite side of the arena.

"Wiress you're a genius" finnick congratulated though it was subconsciously. he was honestly too caught up in thinking about his and johanna's conversation from earlier in the day. he didn't want to be forgotten by Lyra. walking past wiress to reach the blonde woman, who was holding peetas hand as a sort of comfort, finnick pulled her into an abrupt hug. she dropped her new friends hand and enclosed finnicks waist tightly, confusedly welcoming the hug.

finnick wasn't looking forward to the inevitable next time she forgot him.

"Well the tail points at twelve. That's where the lightning strikes at noon and midnight"

"strikes where?" beetee wondered, unrolling the coil of wire he'd collected form the cornucopia. lyra had wondered over to him after pulling away from finnick's strange hug, asking if he needed any help to which the man shook his head with a grateful smile.

"that big tree"

lyra watched peeta put his large knife in front of him and draw a circle in the sand off center to the cornucopia. "So twelve and one lightning, then one to two is blood, then fog, then monkeys" he illustrated the different sectors by drawing lines pointing in different direction. everyone had gathered around the same area, finnick placing his palm on the small of lyra's back.

"then 10 to 12 the wave, what about anything else. did you guys see anything?" katniss asked, directing the question towards johanna and beetee more than Lyra. the blonde knew she wasn't the most reliable but it would've been nice for katniss to take a glance towards her when asking the question.

"Nothing but blood"

"i saw- um..." lyra tried quietly, finnick looking in her direction and giving her an encouraging smile "i saw bugs when i was... walking"

"what sector?" peeta asked. lyra gave her best guess from her patchy memory and peeta thanked her before noting it down in the sand "It doesn't matter as long as we steer clear of which sector is acting, we'll be safe"

"relatively speaking..."

suddenly, wiress' quiet, mumble like singing stopped and a pained noise took its place. the six victors gazed snapped over to the source to find that gloss has snuck up on her and slit her throat with his dagger. he still had her held against him when katniss shot an arrow into his chest causing both of them to fall backwards into the water.

two more tributes emerged from the water. one ran towards a distracted Lyra who was looking at where wiress was previously sat. johanna swiftly shoved her out of the way of the careers weapon and buried her axe in his head. that snapped lyra back to reality as she pulled some throwing knives [that finnick had returned to her after they'd met back up] out of her back pack [which finnick had also returned to her] and began throwing them at the second victor.