𝟬𝟬𝟵. force field

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
009. interviews
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

TW: VIOLENCE, HUNGER GAMES STUFF

trekking through the dense rainforest wasn't easy, but the four prevailed, going deeper and deeper. Everyone was panting heavily after a good few minutes, not being used to the amount of exercise it took to walk through the trees and the heat didn't help either.

In her first huger games, many people were prepared as they knew there was a possibility of being reaped. This time, they thought they were free.

After about ten minutes of walking, the group stopped for a few, Finnick crouching down next to Lyra who was much to tired to do anything other than sit down exhaustedly.

The sound of flies buzzing and rustling leaves cut through the otherwise silent environment, Lyra leaning her head down to rest on Finnicks chest. The man raised a hand to brush some hair away from the tired girls face, smiling minimally when she glanced up at him.

"God, it's hot" Peeta panted, leaning his head back slightly and looking around cautiously. "We gotta find fresh water"

Katniss looked around as Peeta did as she ran her hand through her hair. Three cannon noises sounded loudly through the arena making Lyra jump and lift her head from Finnicks chest.

"Well, I guess we're not holding hands any more" the man chuckled, looking at Katniss humorously.

"You think that's funny?"

"Every time that cannon goes off, it's music to my ears" he glanced up to the top of the dome. "I don't care about any of them"

"Good to hear" she replied, pulling something from her back.

"Want to face the Career Pack alone?" Finnick asked her "What would Haymitch say?"

"Haymitch isn't here"

Peeta looked between the two. "Let's keep moving"

The four started walking further, Peeta in the lead as their legs started aching once again. Finnick and Lyra's hands were now intertwined after the blonde kept tripping over her feet. Lyra stumbled over a tree branch, almost falling but being caught by Finnick.

Though when she looked up at Finnick, Lyra's eyes were full of confusion. "I'm sorry" she mumbled. "Who are you?" She then looked up further while her eyes darted around frantically "where am I?" She panicked.

Finnick could feel his heart breaking. "Ly? Lyra it's me sweetheart, remember me? Finnick?"

"Oh right" she muttered, a look of realisation appearing on her face. "Of course, Finnick. I know Finnick. Finnick" she started repeating to herself, nodding along.

Speaking of Finnick, the man was speechless as he stood watching Lyra reassure herself. Lyra had never forgotten him. Not once. Sure, she would forget where she was, who Joanna, Mags and Annie were and even her own name, but never Finnick. He was always the one she remembered.

That was the first time that he realised how others felt looking at a clueless Lyra as she attempted to remember who they were.

"You know me. Right Ly?" He nearly begged, desperately moving his hands up to cup her face, angling it away from the ground to look him in the eye.

"Yeah" she nodded, suddenly very sure of herself. Almost exaggerating her knowledge to comfort Finnick. "Yeah, you're Finnick. My boyfriend Finnick"

"Yeah" he smiled "yeah your boyfriend"

"Well!" She announced, turning to continue walking "cmon' Finn, we're gonna lose them" she bounced through the forest, laughing lightly, forgetting what had happened between the couple and leaving a shocked Finnick following her slowly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

after walking for another while, peers leading the group, they came to an area where the sun was shining trough the trees. As they traveled down a small hill, Peeta carried on cutting through the forest before a loud yell cut through the buzzing air.

"Peeta, no!" Katniss yelled, reaching out trying to stop him. She was to late though as Peeta hit a force field type thing and flew backwards violently, knocking the others over. Lyra watched shocked as yellow hexagons covered where he'd touched it.

"Peeta? Peeta?" She stumbled up to him, checking his breathing before looking up at Finnick with a horror stuck expression. "He's not breathing. He's not breathing. He's not breathing!" She repeated "Peeta!"

Finnick got up from his position on the floor and crawled over to a now unconscious Peeta. He shoved Katniss away from him and began giving him CPR.

"Peeta? Peeta?" As Katniss continued freaking out, Lyra crawled up behind her and wrapped her in a hug from behind. She had picked up on the fact that she wasn't Katniss' favourite person but the woman was clearly distressed.

The girl on fire took great comfort in Lyras hug, placing her hands on Lyras arms and holding them in place as she sobbed over Peeta and continued begging him to awaken. "Please, wake up. No!" She sobbed "Please, wake up"

"Come on! Come on, Peeta!" Finnick grunted.

Peeta suddenly gasped heavily, his eyes opening slightly "Peeta? Peeta? Oh, my God!" She cried, moving forward and away from Lyra to cup his face.

"Be careful. There's a force field up there" he groaned out making Katniss laugh through her tears.

Lyra on the other hand was extremely confused. Obviously there was a force field, Peeta died for a few seconds because of it. Finnick, seeing the woman's puzzled frown, got up from the ground and threw an arm over her shoulder and pulled her into his side. "He's joking, sweetheart" he whispered.

"Right" she nodded, smiling up at him and nodding as if trying to convince him that she wasn't lying "I knew that"

───── authors note !
Hey loves! I'm so so so sorry for the huge wait. I've had school and a super ill family member but I should be updating regularly soon. I really am sorry <333

Hope you all like this chapter though!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 16k READS!!!!!!!
Please comment and vote, love you all ❤️❤️❤️

Hope you all like this chapter though!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 16k READS!!!!!!!Please comment and vote, love you all ❤️❤️❤️