𝟬𝟭𝟭. reunion

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
011. reunion
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

!TW! REFERENCE TO SEXUAL ASSAULT AND FORCED PROSTITUTION (BOTH IN THE FORM OF FLASHBACKS)
I DIDN'T EVEN WRITE IT IN BUT ITS IMPLIED.

it was getting too dark for comfort when finnick decided to go looking for lyra. She'd been gone for too long and he'd decided that if she needed to calm down, she could, as long as he could see her as she did it.

"Right" he sighed as he stood from the muddy ground, looking down at a hyper aware Katniss "she's been gone for too long, I'm going to find her"

He began walking off in the direction Lyra had gone about a half hour earlier before he heard Katniss yelling his name. "Finnick, Finnick wait!" She pleaded, causing the man to turn back around quickly and return to where the couple were.

"What?" He asked, concerned.

"The fog..." she trailed off, pointing to quickly moving fog that was heading in their direction. She leant forward to touch it and before Finnick could advise against the movement, the suspicious fog burned her as huge blister type marks appeared all over her one hand.

Katniss yelled out, waking up Peeta "Run! Run! The fog is poison!" The two were running quickly away from the fog when Katniss stopped, noticing that Finnick wasn't joining them. "Finnick!" She yelled, bewildered by his stillness.

Meanwhile, Finnick want registering anything other than one thought. Lyra isn't here, Lyra could be hurt. "Lyra!" He yelled into the quickly approaching fog. "Lyra! Sweetheart!?" No response. He began slowly backing up away from the poison, still yelling out her his girlfriend.

Rationally, he knew that if Lyra was amongst the fog, she'd be dead by now. But the whole situation was anything but rational.

The fog had come forward much faster on the left side and had burned Peeta all over his back and down his legs. "Finnick!" Katniss begged "Finnick please! I can't carry him!"

Finnick was staring at the small gap between clouds of fog, begging whoever would listen that he would see Lyra's bright eyes and her pretty blonde hair peeking out from the poison. "Please please please please" he murmured, right up until the fog had consumed the last remaining chance for Lyra to escape.

"Finnick, we have to go. We have to get outta here, we have to go! She's gone Finnick!" Katniss shouted, trying to drag Peeta from the fog. That seemed to finally snap Finnick out of it as he spun around and helped Katniss carry an extremely injured Peeta.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lyra had been sitting at the water for a few minutes before she cough a glimpse of some victors near the cornucopia. she hastily backed up into the dense jungle, turning and running once she was out of their sight.

In her panicked state, Lyra neglected to see a tree root that was sticking out of the ground. She tripped over and began rolling down a small hill close to a small river.

~Flashback to 9 years ago~

LYRA HAD WON HER GAMES. She'd actually won. No one form district 4 could believe that small, fourteen year old, Lyra Bell had won the hunger games. And neither could she.

The girl had just finished her victory tour and was now safely at home with Finnick by her side. The boy had been distant lately and Lyra had blamed it on the trauma of being in the games just the year before.

Soon enough she knew there was more to his silence than she'd previously thought.

"I'm supposed to go up to the capitol later, is it a victory tour thing?" She'd asked Finnick that morning. He'd replied with the instruction to stay inside and not go to which Lyra laughed and said 'how am I supposed to do that!?"'.

Fast forward to later that day, Lyra was instructed by president snow himself to wear a specific dress so she assumed it was some sort of event.

~end of flashback~

... it wasn't an event. It was however, one of the few experiences in her life she was glad to forget.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

joanna was now left with wiress and beetee, the male tribute from her district having been killed. She was focused on only three things. Finding Lyra, making sure Katniss and Peeta didn't kill themselves and staying alive.

One of those three things were about to be accomplished.

As the three began trekking through another sector of the arena, Joanna caught sight of a small figure with blonde hair lying on the floor, unmoving. Her eyes widened once they'd gotten closer and she could make out the figures face. Lyra.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, no" she muttered to herself, rolling Lyra onto her back, checking her breathing. When all seemed normal (except for the fact that she was unconscious) Joanna shook the girl quickly, calling her name over and over again.

Lyra eventually came around, jerking away from Joanna with wide, frightened eyes. She scooted back again and again before her back hit a tree trunk and she couldn't move any further. At first, the dark haired woman thought that the fall may have scared her and that Lyra was recognise her in a second but as she waited, she realised that this was what Finnick was talking about.

Her memory was getting worse.

Lyra had forgotten Joanna briefly before, maybe a few seconds but this was a record. A whole minute that Lyra had no memories whatsoever of her best friend.

And god, did it hurt.

───── authors note !
Hey loves! So... how're we feeling? Things don't get much better for a while except for Finnick and Lyras reunion but other than that things kinda suck

I'm a little sorry but not really.

I am sorry that this chapter isn't that good though, I just wanted to put out something but the next one should be better! Anyways, love you all and hopefully see you next chapter PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!

please please pleas please please please please
Byeeeee 🫶🏻🫶🏻

please please pleas please please please pleaseByeeeee 🫶🏻🫶🏻