𝟬𝟬𝟲. temper

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
006. temper
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

caeser was stood in the middle of an extremely fancy looking stage holding an equally fancy looking microphone. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you" he greeted "for being here tonight on the eve of the 75th Hunger Games!" He yelled as the crowd of people cheered and celebrated.

"We have never seen anything like this, and we will never see anything like it again. Because tonight, on this stage, 24 of Panem's brightest stars will vie for the ultimate crown. Tonight will be their final opportunity to express their thoughts. Our final opportunity to express our love. And heartbreakingly-" he said dramatically.

"-To say goodbye to all but one" The man finished as the crowd groaned sympathetically. "What a night. Let's hear it. It's so exciting!"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

meanwhile, finnick and lyra were sat in their dressing room of sorts, trying to comfort each other as much as they could. "It'll be okay Finn" Lyra encouraged the boy, smiling at him happily "the capitol barely know that the districts can think for themselves, they're not going to know that we're trying to stop the games"

"Hmm" the man just hummed distractedly. Ever since Lyra had that split second where she didn't recognise him, Finnicks mind had been far to busy to focus on much else.

"Besides" she chirped, trying her best to cheer him up and she scooted towards him and snuggled herself into his side, Finnicks arm moving around her shoulders automatically "were honoured to be able to take part in such an important tradition, remember?" The blonde mocked in a fancy voice as she mimicked what she and Finnick had been made to say on their victory tours.

"You remember that?" He smiled, looking down at her.

"Course I do, I remember everything. I'm like a-a..." she trailed off, her smile vanishing as she looked at Finnick with a guilty face, not looking forward to seeing him upset after she'd just managed to get a grim out of him. "I forgot the word" she mumbled.

"That's ok, Ly" Finnick assured. "I forget words all the time"

"No, you don't" she snapped.

Lyra wasn't one to lose her temper but the quarter quell, the assessment and now the interviews were way to much for the girl and it seemed that she'd had enough of trying to keep her frustrations inside.

She didn't mean to lash out at Finnick but she'd just had enough of President Snows bullshit. Though the girl was usually quite quiet and well mannered, when she lost her temper she wasn't subtle about it. In fact, she usually just got so angry she burst into tears.

"You don't forget words and you don't forget people and I shouldn't either. It's not- it's not fair. I don't wanna forget stuff. I don't wanna forget you" Lyra teared up while rambling, turning her head to shove her face in Finnicks shoulder, again not wanting to upset him.

"You're not gonna forget me, Ly. Okay? I'll make sure of it"

"This is all President snows fault. I don't want to be in the huger games, I just want to be with you" she sobbed, her voice cracking on her last word. She melted into Finnicks side as he hugged her tightly against him.

"I know"

"One day, the districts are going to have enough of all this and they're-were gonna do something about it"

"Yeah we are. You know what?"

"What?"

"Fuck President snow"

"Yeah... Fuck President snow"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"haymich!" Lyra greeted joyfully, launching herself at the unsuspecting man. She gave him the tightest hug she could muster as she knew that the interview would be starting soon and that she'd have to get back to Finnick. The victor had gone for a quick walk, promising him that she'd be carful and come straight back after a few minutes.

"Lyra" he sighed, wrapping his arms around her shoulders in return. He was glad that she seemed to be doing okay. Since finding out about her volunteering, he'd been more stressed than ever having Peeta, Katniss and Lyra to worry about.

"I missed you" she mumbled, not caring that it would most definitely make Haymich get all awkward and uncomfortable.

"Yeah..." he replied, only hugging her tighter as his way of saying that he'd missed her as well.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lyra returned to finnick not long after talking to haymich. The pair then slowly got nearer and nearer the room where hundreds of members of the capitol were waiting to hear them getting interviewed by Caesar.

Finnick had gone off to talk to Haymich leaving Lyra to wander around in search of a familiar face. "Hey sunshine" a voice came from behind her, making the started girl jump to face a slightly smiling Joanna who was strolling towards her slowly.

"Hi, Crazy" she muttered, looking down at her continually fiddling hands. After her talk with Finnick, Lyra was no longer sad. She was just angry at everyone, at everything.

"What's wrong, Stupid?" She frowned when seeing the blondes mad expression.

"The capitol" she admitted.

Safe to say Joanna was surprised at her answer. The pair had been friends for quite some time and the only thing that seemed to annoy the dark haired girl was that Lyra could be  such a pushover when it came to the Capitol. She then decided to take advantage of Lyras current feelings  and try to get her to express her annoyance.

"What about the capitol?"

"I-I'm annoyed at them, Joanna!" Lyra snapped once again, immediately cursing herself inside for yelling at Joanna.

"And why?" Joanna urged, looking down at her with a stern look while ignoring the fact that sweet Lyra had just yelled at her. A fact that made the district 7 victor want to grin wildly.

"Because the capitol it-it sucks!"

"Exactly! And you tell them that"

"I will"

"Good, I will too"

"Yeah"

Lyra had never wished harm on anybody, not even President snow miraculously, as she was determined to not let The hunger games change who she was. She was never one to purposely upset someone but upsetting President snow was an exception.

───── authors note !
Hey loves! I'm sorry this chapter is kinda late and kinda sucky, I've been really busy but the next chapter should be out soon and it should be better than this one <3

Thank you so much for 4K reads! I can't believe people are actually reading my book

Please please please please please please please comment and vote <333