𝟬𝟬𝟰. johanna mason

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
004. joanna mason
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

finnick and lyra had just gotten to the training arena, the pair looking around with wonder. Compared to their districts, the room was much fancier then any of the tributes were used to.

Finnick was just about to ask Lyra what type on training she'd like to start on when she let out a excited squeak and ran away from the man, straight over to an unsuspecting Joanna.

The tribute form district seven was just about to yell at whoever had just ran into her, hugging a round her waist until she looked down to see a familiar head of blonde hair.

"Hey sunshine" she smiled, throwing one arm around her shoulder to hug her back and cupping the back of her head with her other hand.

"Joanna! I missed you and your craziness" she looked up at the girl with a teasing look before burying her face back in her chest.

"Missed you too, stupid"

It was then that Finnick reached the pair, staring at the smile on Lyra face. His face then flickered with an unknown emotion before quickly going back to his loving expression. "Hey sweetheart, I need to talk to Joanna for a second, ok?"

"Ok, I'll go talk to Wiress and Beetee" she sighed, leaning away from her and Joanna's hug and giving Finnick a kiss on the cheek before bouncing away.

Unfortunately, Finnick knew that Joanna would want to know about her recent memory loss and so he dragged her to a corner of the room gently, looking down at her sadly.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

kaniss walked past finnick and joanna who were conversing quietly amongst themselves. As she got closer, the girl could see the worried looks on their faces. She caught a few words such as 'forgot me' and 'after the games' before Joanna saw her and muttered something to Finnick that made him glance over his shoulder at her.

The girl walked around before spotting Lyra, Beetee and Wiress sitting around a log with some wood on it, attempting to make it spark.

"Friction generates heat" Beetee explained to Lyra who was looking at him up at him from her spot on the ground as though he was the smartest person in the world "Heat generates fire, in theory"

"You should move your hands downward" she suggested, making the three people look up. "And faster, too" she mimicked the action in front of her, bending down opposite Lyra.

Beetee listened to her suggestion and soon enough, smoke started coming from the wood making them all gasp. "A little brute force-" Wiress started

"-ls always helpful" he finished "Thank you" he nodded towards the girl on fire.

"By the corner of the table" Wiress suddenly commented as she looked up at the men and women who were looking over the training. The other three tributes glanced up to where she was pointing.

"Plutarch?"

"No. Next to him"

"Force field" Beetee said, lifting his gasses form his face as he smiled.

"How do you know?"

"The shimmering, top left hand side" he moved Katniss' head gently with his hand, guiding her to look int he correct place. "Look, there. You see it?" And sure enough there was a slight glimmer next to where Plutarch was standing.

"Looks like glass" Katniss murmured.

"To separate us and them"

"Probably my fault. I shot an arrow at them last year"

"What happened last year?"

"What do you mean?" Katniss asked confused. She was certain that everyone throughout the districts knew that she and Peeta had won last year, especially as they emerge the only two victors ever. It apparently didn't register in her mind that Lyra probably didn't remember that.

"Did I do it again?" Lyra looked worriedly over at Beetee as he looked at her sympathetically. "I'm sorry, I am! What happened last year?" She rambled, not wanting to offend anyone.

She truly did hate it when people got us part at her for forgetting things, even Finnick would get annoyed sometimes. He would try and hide it and he would attempt to reassure her that it wasn't her fault but she could tell that he was occasionally upset with her.

"It's ok, Lyra" Beetee reassured, rubbing her back up and down "that was the year Katniss won, remember? Her and Peeta?"

"Right, yes of course" she nodded "I apologise"

Katniss wasn't sure what to say "I- um- it's ok"

"The shield..." Beetee took the attention away from Lyra (which she greatly appreciated) "Electromagnetic"

"How can you tell?" Katniss asked, making Wiress and Beetee laugh while Lyra sat there, just as clueless and Katniss. "Is it... Is it obvious or something?"

The pair continued laugh and Beetee repeated her words "Is it obvious?" He chuckled.

"They might as well have a sign"

"Look around you. All the holograms, the lights, every now and then they flicker. Why?"

"Because the force field is taking up too much energy" she realised.

"There's always a flaw in the system"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

hamachi seemed happy with what he'd heard lately about the tributes. "Good news!" He exclaimed "At least half the Tributes want you as an ally"

"Well, they saw her shoot" Peeta complimented.

"Well, sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter"

"I want Wiress and Beetee"

"Johanna calls them 'Nuts' and 'Volts'"

"Well, okay, good. Now, who else?"

"Lyra" she said, making Peeta turn away and Haymich look at her questioningly.

He loved the girl, he really did, but if Katniss and Peeta wanted to last as long as they could being allies with Finnick and Lyra wasn't the best move. Haymich knew that the male from district four would do almost anything to protect his girlfriend, including leaving Katniss and Peeta for dead.

"All right, fine, then no one"

"I'll tell them you're still making up your mind"

───── authors note !
Hey loves! I'm so sorry this look so long, one of my family members is in the hospital so I haven't had much time to write <3

anyways, please comment and vote and i'll see you next chapter!