𝟬𝟬𝟱. assessment

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
005. assessment
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

after her brief meeting with katniss, lyra and finnick made their way back to their shared floor. "Whats going to happen, Finn?" Lyra asked, her voice as soft as ever though it was lowered to a mere whisper as to not disturb the calm environment the couple had created.

The victors were huddled up in Lyras room after Finnick had snuck in, both of them laying on her extravagant bed the capitol provided. Finnick ran his fingers though her hair as Lyra rested her head on his chest, hugging his waist tightly.

"I don't know, Ly" he admitted, sighing heavily as he thought of them both back in the arena.

Finnick knew he would be ok. Of course that didn't reduce the anxiety or anger he felt at being reaped once more, but he knew he could hold his own. The way he saw it was that if he was killed during the games, the boy would finally be free from them. From the capital. From president snow.

Lyra on the other hand, precious Lyra, he just didn't know what would happen to her. He loved her but he knew that she wasn't the most likely tribute to win. And if she died, Finnick knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, he knew that she would be another thing president snow would have taken from him.

"You know you're going to be ok, right?" He asked her, removing his hands from her hair and hugging her close. "I'm gonna make sure you're ok"

"And I'll make sure you're ok!" Lyra grinned, clearly not picking up on the somber tone the mans voice held. "Hey Finn?"

"Yeah?"

"Who won the games last year?" She asked cluelessly, not seeing Finnicks sad expression having seen her talk to Katniss and Peeta earlier that week. He also knew that they'd both seen the district 12 victors win the previous year.

"Katniss and Peeta" he informed.

"Two people!?" She exclaimed excitedly. Scrambling up from her spot on the bed to straddle Finnick, looking at the startled man with wide eyes. "Like- two people won one game? That can't happen right? Or can it? I can't remember, Finn tell me! Can two people-"

"I can't tell you if you don't let me, Ly!" He cut her off with a grin as he knew that someone had to stop Lyra or she'd just keep going until she exhausted herself.

"Right, right ok... well!?"

"No they can't"

"But they did?" she frowned.

"You're not supposed to be able to"

"How did they?"

And for the rest of the night, Finnick explained the 74th hunger games in detail for the curious girl who'd sank her body down on to Finnick's and played with his hair softly.

But no matter how much the two tried to take their mind off of it, that both knew that the assessments were the next day and both were dreading them.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"district 3, beetee latter, report for individual assessment" the robotic voice cut through the nervous aura of the room. Lyra and Finnick sat close to each other, Finnicks arm wrapped around her shoulders trying to warm her up as much as possible.

"Individual assessment, Individual assessment, Individual assessm-"

"What're you going on about, sweetheart?" Finnicks asked with a small chuckle, wondering what the girl was muttering about.

A few hours previous (after they'd woken up) Lyra had gotten confused multiple times regarding where they were and had forgotten to eat and was completely in her own world until Finnick sat her down and asked her slowly wether she'd had anything to eat.

"I'm remembering that we're doing individual assessments"

"Ok, crazy" he laughed, pulling her into him to give her a kiss on the forehead.

After a few minutes, Beetee exited the room and gave Lyra a smile when she waved at him.

"District 4, Lyra Bell, report for individual assessment"

Lyra took a deep breath, her hands shaking as she slowly stood up making Finnicks arm fall from around her shoulders. She looked down at the boy who was still sat down with a slight terror stricken expression, wanting some reassurance from him.

That reassurance came in the form of a soft smile and a small wink which cased Lyra to giggle quietly, though that joy quickly disappeared as she started walking towards the doors.

The girl entered the room but as soon as Finnick and the others were out of sight, it seemed that the chanting she was to doing to remember where she was deemed useless.

"Umm-" Lyra looked up at the members of the capitol who were watching her assessment with a confused look "I'm really sorry but I can't really- I'm not sure what's happening. I think I might be a bit lost. I-I don't-"

Finnick immediately stood as he heard the peacekeepers mutter something about 'some girl who's saying she can't remember anything' and informed them of how she wouldn't remember what she needed to do if they didn't let him talk to her and how she would just continue with her freak out if they left her alone.

Finnick entered the room as soon as he got the go ahead from the peacekeepers and rushed up to Lyra who'd gotten more and more upset. "Hey, hey sweetheart" he approached her, speaking quietly as to not scare her even more.

"Finnick it happened again" her voice wobbled, tears welling up in her eyes as her hands shook violently.

"I know. I know it did" he reached out to hold her hands, stopping them from shaking.

"I'm really confused" she sobbed, pulling her hands from his and wrapping them around his neck tightly.

"I know, and it's ok" he murmured "it'll be ok"

"I-I-I just can't remember" she rested her face against his neck and attempted to pull herself closer. Finnick had wrapped his arms around her waist by now and was rubbing soothing circles with his thumbs.

"Your doing your individual assessment, for the quarter quell" he informed the shaken girl, moving one hand to smooth her hair "remember now?"

"Y-yeah" she nodded as the information slowly came back to her.

"You're ok" Finnick whispered as Lyra clung onto him as tightly as she could manage.

───── authors note !
Hey loves! I tried to get this chapter out before the weekend because I'm gonna be really busy so I won't be able to write so I hope this chapters ok :)

Please please please comment and vote!

How do you guys want her to act/ what do you want her to say in the interviews?

Also thank you so much for 2k reads! It's insane how that many people read my crappy book <3