𝟬𝟬𝟴. 75th hunger games

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
008. 75th hunger games
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

TW: VIOLENCE, DEATH, HUNGER GAMES STUFF

"well?" Lyra asked, the skin around her fingernails beginning to bleed due to her excessive picking at them. It took Finnick a good few months to get her out of the awful habit after she picked it up while (understandably) worrying about her games and now it seemed to be back.

"They're still happening" he said dishearteningly "the games are still on"

"Oh..." The hope Lyra previously held disappeared as she looked down towards her feet.

"You wanna tell me what that was out there?" Finnick changed the subject, trying to cheer his girl up even slightly.

"What?"

"And they aren't going to play along anymore" he mimicked her voice horribly, sounding more like he'd sucked the helium form a balloon more than anything. Honestly, the last things Finnick wanted to do was reminisce about the previous event but it seemed to take Lyras mind off of the disappointing news.

The blonde just giggled at her ridiculous boyfriend, moving to hug him around the waist. "It was Joanna's fault, she encouraged me"

"I figured"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the next morning marked the day the 75th hunger games began. Lyra and finnick woke up beside each other and had a relatively regular morning until haymich pulled them aside during breakfast.

"listen, i have something to ask you. how do you feel about the mockingjay?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the jet like contraption that took the victors to the arena was filled, all waiting to be taken to hell. Lyra and Finnicks hands were interlocked, both grasping tightly on to the last part of home they had left with them.

Running his thumb over her knuckles, the district four victor looked at Lyra with the most comforting smile he could muster before turning back to face in front of him. A peacekeeper then approached the pair, injecting both with a tracker, Finnick first. when the peacekeeper left to insert trackers into district 3, finnick leant over to whisper a reminder to Lyra. "remember to cut it out, yes?"

"yes"

As they all sat on the strangely comfy seats, Lyra and Joanna made eye contact as she was sitting opposite the girl.

"Hey" the blonde whispered, Jonna looking at her expectantly "what number hunger games is this?"

"75th" Joanna replied instantly. That was one of the things Lyra liked most about Joanna. Her lack of sympathy. The dark haired girls point of view was that shit happened and you just had to deal with it, hence the lack of a sorry sigh and look of sympathy on her face when Lyra forgot things.

"Thank you, Jo" Lyra smiled. Both parties knew she wasn't thanking her for the information.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lyras tube was about to start descending into the arena when a gauging thought came to her. She was in the huger games again. This wasn't fair at all, she'd done this once before, hadn't she? The blonde decided that she didn't like the situation one bit.

Oh god she thought I wonder how Finnick is doing with me in the games again. It took her a few seconds to remember another thing. Joanna and Finnick are here to! The more information the woman remembered, the more upset she got.

Lyra didn't have time to dwell over her newly discovered information as she started moving upward, a sudden heat enveloping her body. Frantically looking around, she saw Finnick and Joanna looking at her worriedly from their stands.

There was water surrounding all the victors, a thick forest in a circle shape around the beach area. "Let the 75th Hunger Games begin! May the odds be ever in your favor" a sudden voice filled the arena.

Fuck the odds. The odds said that Lyra would die, that the huger games would cause the end of Lyra Bell's life. Finnick wouldn't let that happen. No matter what Lyra forgot, she was determined to remember Finnick Odair.

"Ten, nine, eight" the countdown begun. "seven, six, five, four, three, two, one" the cannon fired and the 75th huger games begun.

Lyra took a deep breath before diving into the water that surrounded her and beginning to swim towards the middle. After a few seconds, she reached the rocky area and climbed up shakily. "Oh god" the blonde breathed out "not again" she mumbled as another tribute made their way towards her having already grabbed a weapon.

A dagger looking object to be specific.

Quickly running up to a wall of throwing knives that sat in the middle of the arena, Lyra grabbed a few, rushing to throw them at the victor who clearly hadn't expected little Lyra to fight back.

One knife hit the man directly in his forehead, blood dripping down his face slowly as he collapsed backwards on to the hard rock.

"I'm sorry, I'm so-I'm so sorry" she quivered, tears coming to her eyes. She didn't mean to, she really didn't. Lyra didn't want any of this, she just wanted a calm life, a quiet life with Finnick and Joanna.

Having to ignore the immense amount of guilt she felt after killing someone who was probably in the same situation as her, the blonde gathered a few more knives and a backpack that contain what she could only assume to be supplies.

Lyra came around the corner, hearing a familiar voice say 'duck' before seeing a spear fly through the air and land in a victor she didn't even notice in front of her. A cannon went off and Finnick followed the spear, removing it from the body and looking at an someone she couldn't see.

"Don't trust 1 and 2" he ordered "I'll take this side, you hold them off. I'll go find Peeta after I get Lyra"

"Finn"

"Ly" he sighed with relief written across his face "you go find Katniss or Joanna, ok? Don't trust anyone else"

"Ok"

After finding Peeta and having to rescue him from another tribute. Him, Katniss, Finnick and Lyra reached the rain forest and started travelling further and further.

───── authors note !
Hey loves! This chapter is kind of rushed and late so I'm really sorry, I've been super busy with school and family stuff <3 There were way less reads and comments on the last chapter so please let me know if I should change anything!

We're almost at 8k reads!!!!! Tysm everyone, it means a lot :)

Hopefully see you soon for another chapter!