Chapter 8: Suspicious

A few hours later

A few hours later.
Afternoon.

Your POV.

I sat in the living room, watching TV.
Big bro needed to go out again to hang out with his friends. Mom and Dad will be back at evening after outstation. I switched from channel to channel. There's nothing to entertained me at the moment. I sighed. I already watched most of these movies already... It's boring...

'Maybe I should watch some anime...'
I thought and then picked my favourite anime to watch it alone.Mom and Dad weren't home so I can finally watch some anime in peace.

The news always said there are monsters outbreak around multiple towns lately. Well, that can't be help.
There's nothing I could do about it anyway. Just leave it to the heroes...

Mom and Dad won't allowed me to go out alone since they are worried about seeing me getting injured by monsters and criminals out there.
Not like I even love going out anyway.

Just when I was about to have a good time alone, suddenly I heard someone knocked on the door. My eyes immediately laid on the door carefully. I slowly went to the kitchen and take the kitchen knife just in case for defense.

I carefully walked toward the front door and slowly opened it. Once I saw a human figure, I almost attacked them until I heard them screamed. My eyes widened right after seeing their full picture.

It was Aiko.

"What's that knife for?!!!" She yelled.
Looking panic and scared. I immediately hide the knife behind me. Tried to act like nothing happened. I rubbed the back of my next, laughing sheepishly.

"Aha..You know me...I am being cautious right here." I said. Aiko crossed her arms and pouted, looking away from me.

"Yeah yeah. You almost killed me."
She said, sounding annoyed. I just gave her an apologize look. Not saying a single word.

"What are you doing here,Aiko? I don't wanna go out today..."

"Huh...umm..(y/n).Well, can I...?"
Aiko twitched her finger, looking nervous. I raised my eyebrow, looking at her, annoyed.

"What?Spit it out." I asked.

"Can I stay here until your parents get home?"She finally said it. I looked at her, confused.

"Huh?"

"Look! My parents aren't home too, okay?! I am scared because they are so many monsters lately! So please let me stay at your house..." Aiko said desperately as she grabbed my shoulder. I didn't know how to respond actually. My mind suddenly went blank.

"U-uh...Ugh..Alright! You can stay! Don't look at me like that!" I said and pushed her away. She literally just looked at me with puppy eyes, begging me for mercy. I growled in annoyance.