Chapter 16: Being Stubborn

Author's POV

Author's POV.

"But you need to stop this! I-I know it's your dream since you were a kid but do you really think it's worth it?!"

Garou's answer didn't make the situation any better. The more you tried to stop him, the more stubborn he became.

"This is my own free will,(y/n). I know you, out of all people, will understand." Garou said. He looked calm but his tone sounded so serious.
It scares you a little.

"I...I don't want to see you get hurt.. Enough already..I am worried, Garou...You deserve better than this."
You said,looking at the floor and tried your best to hold back your tears.
Because of this sudden bad feeling you felt, it won't let your mind feel at ease. Always saying negative stuff about what might happen to Garou.

"Garou is being stubborn."

"Save him.Before it's too late."

"The path he choose is dangerous."

"He might die."

"The heroes are gonna kill him."

"Bring him back to the light,(y/n)."

That's all the voices in your head says.
Always with the same sentence. You held your chest and tried to hold back your tears. This feeling was slowly consuming you and make you feel sick. Worried too much isn't good for human's health after all.

No matter how many methods you tried to convince him to stop his hero hunt, Garou still remain stubborn.
The more you tried to change his mind, the more annoyed he felt.

He hated seeing you like this. But still, this really needs to be done. He knows there's no turning back after this but he doesn't care. Because...

Garou's top priority is to be the ultimate monster of them all. Crush the hero and became the 'Absolute Evil' he always wanted to be.

He is this close..this close on becoming the next Symbol Of Fear. Just take down a few more S-Class Heroes and the world shall know his name and fears him.

But still...

Something was holding him back...

You were holding him back.

Garou really doesn't know what to do with you. He kept thinking and thinking. He needed to push you away from his life so he could accomplish his dream and not put you in danger and yet...

Part of him really doesn't want to let you go..

The other part of him really wants you to stay..

He wants to have you by his side, always..

After all..

He loves you. Since the very beginning.