Chapter 17: Monsters Everywhere

The next day

The next day.
Your house.

Your POV.

I laid down on my bed while playing my Nintendo. I felt lucky because school was cancelled for now because of many monsters attack lately. Good thing because I am not in the mood to study for now.

Mom was out doing her work and Dad was out too. I don't know where did big bro went off to. Probably hanging out with some girls. 

Being home alone for a while is fun..
No one can disturb me and I enjoyed the silence. At least I actually can have some time with myself.

I growled in frustration after losing to the final boss in the game I played. If only Garou were here, it could be more fun. Normally, he would helped me defeated the boss if I keep losing.
In return, I need to treat him with snacks or sweets.

My stomach growled and I went to the kitchen. I checked the fridge, cabinets and counters but there's no food in them. I sighed. Guess I need to get some grab food.

I took my phone and dialed the number. I felt like I wanna eat some (favourite/fast food). I put the phone next to my ear, waiting for any response.

"I am sorry but Grab Food are not available for the time being."

What the hell..?

I can't order Grab food? Are you serious?

Is the monsters outbreak is so serious to the point they need to shut down the Grab Food services?

Dammit, what should I do? I don't wanna starve myself.

Should I go out? Mom already forbade me from doing so. I don't want to worry her..

I shook my head and clapped both of my cheeks. Being in dilemma is so annoying. I took a deep breath and tried to make up my mind.

Alright..Here goes nothing. I am going out.

If I die, then it's my fault in the first place.

I changed my clothes and took my handbag. At least I always brought my defensive weapons with me in my handbag. I grabbed the house key and went outside the house and locked the door. I had to went to the city because most of the grocery stores in my neighborhood were closed.

Once I arrived at the city, there were still many people like always. It annoyed me. I hate going to a place that have a lot of people. But what can I say? City life..

I went to the nearest grocery store to buy some snacks, canned food and some other things. Just in case there's gonna be a lockdown or something.
Who knows? Monsters outbreak are everywhere lately. I just hope some surviving heroes could do their job carefully with Garou is around.

After I bought all of the stuff from the grocery store, I immediately decided to go straight home. I walked through the crowded sidewalk silently.

All of sudden, I heard a loud meowing from a dark alleyway beside me. I looked at the alleyway. I could tell for sure it's a cat's meowing but nobody around me seems to care.