Chapter 9: The Truth

At the same time

At the same time.
Nighttime. Somewhere around city S.

Author's POV.

Garou sat on the top of a tall building alone while looking down at the town view. Even though it's nighttime, the town was so bright. It was indeed a peaceful night. No screams were heard. No monster on sight, just a peaceful night.

Even though his eyes were looking at the beautiful town view, his mind was actually wandering somewhere else.

Garou also watched the news about the heroes he hunt today. He growled and rubbed his forehead in frustration. Only one word showed up in his thoughts.

'Shit.'

Garou felt frustrated when you found him on accident especially just right after he was done hero hunting.Not to mention you found him injured too.
Garou just doesn't know how to respond at that time since it was unexpected.

But deep down, he knew this type of day would come anyway...

Sooner or later, you're still gonna found out soon anyway so...

There's really nothing he can do about it.

He focused his frustrated mind on the town view, tried to cleared his thoughts. He sighed. He take a look at his bandage hand. The hand that you hold and gently covered the bandage on it.

It brings him back the old memories.

The old memories he don't want to remember but he couldn't help but smiled at the thought of it.

The time when you always treated his wounds everytime he got into a fight with Tatsu and his classmates. The time when you treated his wounds after his training at Bang's dojo.

Those thoughts actually cleared his frustrated mind. At least the thoughts of you helped calm him down. That's great.

Garou just keep staring at the view. Not knowing whether he should continue his Hero hunting for the night or go back to rest in his shack because...

He got a feeling that he might see you tomorrow.

He couldn't risk making you more suspicious, couldn't he? If you see him with more wounds, you might immediately find out he's the Hero Hunter.

Garou couldn't believe he felt this but yes...

He is afraid..

Afraid that you might leave him after find out what he did..

Afraid that you might hate him for...
Becoming a monster.

Garou don't want that.Seriously, he don't want that. He don't want you to hate him. He couldn't imagine seeing you leaving him. It hurts him. After all..

There's something he doesn't want to tell you yet..

He want to tell you..for quite some time now.

...A secret that he have held in his heart for a long time.