22:The Romanos and Casimiros

Belvina

"Since you are old enough,it's time to let you know the truth,you too Belvina"Uncle Darius said briefly looking my way before staring back at his hands which he rested on thighs.

Felix and I didn't say anything,we just stare at each other from where we are seated from across the room.

I look over at my parents,they just sat quietly looking down at their intertwined hands.

"I was an orphan back then,didn't even know who my parents were"Uncle Darius started taking a pause..I felt so bad for him because it seems like he had a rough childhood.My gaze moved to Felix who just stares at his dad refusing to make eye contact with anyone but him...I can see he's already troubled.

"I was just 10 when I got trafficked to Italy from America I think,the people thought us well,intending to use us for something we never new because well quite a number of us managed to escape after 5 years to another city.I found myself a job as an errand boy in a shop in the market,that was how I fed myself and managed to pay rent till I was able to run my own shop,I continued living like that for 7 years in complete satisfaction and I never stopped learning visiting libraries and finding any possible way to learn"he paused taking a long look at his son's...I also didn't miss how he 'thinks he's from America' that means he doesn't even know his true nationality.

"I was doing just fine.I then met your mother,a young missy from a rich family,we fell in love knowing our worlds are completely separate.Her father found out and I got the beating of my life"he chuckled after saying that and I saw Felix smile too.

"Of course we didn't stop meeting,but the thing is your mother is also from a mafia,her family run a mafia business in Mexico"Our eyes bulged at that as all our gazes moved to Aunt.

"Yes,Felix and Diego,you have a large family over at Mexico,but I wouldn't like you to meet them I'm sorry,You've got a lot of cousins,nieces and nephews,a lot of uncles,six to be specific but no aunts,just your grandfather's sisters,I do always wander how he'll react if he meets you two"she chuckles..but it sounded pained.My eyes never left Felix,he had on a passive expression.

"I'm not the one pushing them away but instead they pushed me away,even my mother,she was too supportive of her husband so they made me choose between them and your father and I chose him,many of my brothers tried talking sense into me as they claimed it to be but I didn't listen because I believe I'll be happy with him no matter what.
Your Aunt Devine is my eldest brothers wife,he passed so she became part of the family because of Monique,at least she visits even if is for her own selfish reasons"her voice turned into a whisper but we all heard due to how silent the room is.

"I got pregnant with you Felix,and I remember your father was mad at himself because he thought he wasn't taking care of us properly,I never thought of it like that though"she chuckled reminiscing on the memories.

"Yes I do remember that day I felt so self depreciating I went over to the best club in the city and drank a lot,even though I had no money to pay,I met Javier that day,we had a pretty deep conversation"

Third person POV.
*flasback
Italy,Roma.

At the lively club in the middle of Roma,loud music assaults one ear,barely covered men and women dancing on the floor drowned in booze.

People with thick Italian accent flattering,laughing and talking away through the long night.

The steamy,gleeful and romantic air filled with humor flows beautifully with the music.

People seated all around the bar enjoying their several drinks of beer,wine,vodka and tequila.

Two men,complete strangers to one another about 23 years of age quietly sat with eyes almost lifeless due to the lack of interest and worry known only to them.