Chapter 2

Emma looked around the road she was standing on. She wasn't sure what to do but from a distance she could hear horses running, the voices coming closer and closer. Emma looked along the road to see two white horses pulling a white carriage, and she froze. She wanted to run, but her legs were glued to the ground.

She closed her eyes just waiting for the end to come, but the carriage stopped just before hitting her. "Are you okay?" A young woman ran from the carriage, her hair black like the night sky and her lips as red as roses. "I'm fine. I think" Emma responded seeing another person coming from the carriage, but this time it was a young man. They both had weird clothes just like from medieval times or old fairy tales.

"Where are you trying to get?" The woman asked. "I just was in the bookstore I work in. I'm sorry where am I?" Emma asked. "In the Enchanted forest of course. I don't know any bookstores near here so you must be really lost" the woman chuckled. "I'm Snow White, but you can call me Snow. And this is my almost-husband James", she continued, glancing at the man. "Like from the fairy tale Snow White and the seven dwarfs", Emma wasn't sure what else to say. It was like she was thrown into the past. "I've never heard about that one. What's your name?" Snow asked. "I'm Emma. Emma Swan" Emma said. "Emma. That's a beautiful name", Snow replied. "Would you like a ride to the castle? We could find you some better clothes and some food. We can try to find a way for you to get home after", she continued smiling. "Castle? Am I in the past?" Emma thought. "Sure why not", Emma replied, her head dizzy and not sure what else she could do. "This can't get any weirder." she thought.

"Is it okay for you Charming?" Snow asked shifting her eyes to the man. "Yes, of course, let's go", he said, opened the carriage door, and let Snow and Emma step in before him. The carriage was bright white and it looked exactly like in the book, "Am I in the book?" Emma thought looking out of the window. "You must live far away, I've never seen anyone wear clothes like that" James said when the carriage started moving. "I have to say, I've never seen anyone use clothes like you do either", Emma sighed looking out of the window. "So where do you live?" Snow asked. "I live in Boston, in a little apartment" Emma explained.

"I've never heard of Boston, how about you James?"

"I can't say I have."

"Don't worry Emma, we have a lot of maps in our library. I'm sure we will find a way for you to get back home", Snow gave Emma a slight smile. "Thank you I guess. Are you two getting married soon?" Emma didn't want to question too much, but the words just slipped out of her mouth. "Yes, this weekend actually", James smiled. "Congratulations, I assume a lot of people coming. I mean you live in a castle", Emma said, trying to fill the awkward silence. "Everyone from the Enchanted Forest got an invitation, well all but one", Snow replied, she pressed her lips together like she had said something she wasn't supposed to. "What do you mean?" Emma filled up with curiosity. "I hope you don't need to find out", James sighed before the carriage filled with silence.

No one had said anything in a few hours, the landscape on the window had switched from endless trees to big and grand mountains and the muddy road to a clean one made of bricks. "You can see the castle already.", Snow said finally her eyes sparkling. Emma looked to see a long bridge and the huge castle on the other side. Emma's heart beat faster, she could almost hear it in her ears. She couldn't get her eyes out of it. "It's beautiful isn't it?" Snow asked when she noticed Emma's stare. "Mm hm", Emma mumbled, still looking at the tall towers.

The carriage stopped in the courtyard, and the driver climbed out of his chair and opened the carriage door. "Thank you" Snow smiled at the driver when she stood outside. A light wind played with Emma's hair when she looked around the courtyard. "Welcome back", a man dressed up like a guard took long steps towards them. He kissed Snow's hand and shook James's. "And who are you bringing with you?" he asked taking Emma's hand in his and kissing it slightly. "This is Emma Swan. She's lost. We are trying to wind her a way back home. On that note we need someone to find a map to Boston", James explained, the guard nodded letting go of Emma's hand. "Let's go inside", Snow said with a wide smile on her face. James and Emma nodded quietly. James took a light hold of Snow's hand and Emma walked behind them inside the huge, beautiful but somehow a little terrifying castle.

"I asked someone to make you a bath and find a new dress and shoes. They'll be ready for you in that room." Snow came out of nowhere. Emma had been left alone in the huge hall when Snow and James went to do whatever they did. "Thank you so much. You shouldn't have. I just want to get home", Emma blushed. "It's nothing. Don't worry you'll get home sooner than you think" Snow said, giving Emma a slight smile, before vanishing again.

Emma opened the door to a dimly lit room. It didn't have any windows only a few candles so you could see the bathtub in the middle of the room. In the corner of the room were a little table and a chair. On the table was a golden mirror, some roses, and a new pair of leather shoes. On the chair was a bright red dress, decorated with lace.

Emma dipped her fingers in the warm almost hot water, before taking off the red jacket and her black high heels. "I guess I can't do anything else right now" Emma sighed under her breath. She undressed completely, leaving her clothes on the cold brick floor. She stepped into the bathtub, the warm water sent shivers down her spine. Emma found the best position to be in and closed her eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" She heard a strong voice behind her and opened her eyes, too scared to look at who was talking to her.