Chapter 3

Emma kept her breath inside her lungs, her body shook when the panic filled her body. She couldn't feel anyone present in the room with her, heard no one's breathing down her neck. Emma couldn't have just imagined it all. Someone had to be there right behind her.

"Aren't you going to answer me? Or are you mute, girl?" The voice said again sending shivers down Emma's spine. "W- who are you?" Emma barely got the words out of her mouth, finally letting the air out. "Oh, so she does speak. Turn around girl, I want to see your face", the woman said. Emma took a deep breath in before saying: "You know that I'm in a bathtub right?"

"Yes, I can see that, you fool. Turn around, it won't be anything I've never seen before", the woman said again, Emma could almost feel the woman's grin behind her back. She pressed her hands into fists and slowly turned around to face the corner of the room. At first, she couldn't see anyone, she thought she had gone mad. "What's your name girl? I've never seen you before", the woman said when Emma spotted her in the mirror.

She forced herself to swallow before answering: "I'm Emma. Emma Swan." The woman looked at her for a while in silence. "Emma, nice to meet you", she smiled. "Who are you? How did you get into that mirror?" Emma charged the woman with questions.

"Never seen magic before? Oh, I see", the woman grinned. "What's your name?" Emma demanded. "Maybe next time", she smiled before vanishing from the mirror. Now Emma saw herself from it, her eyes wide as owls from surprise and fear.

Emma turned back to face the other way, she dipped her whole body into the still warm water before getting up and stepping to the cold floor. She found a piece of cloth that had to be used like a towel and dried herself as quickly as she could. Emma took the leather shoes from the table and put them on, she took the dress in her hands before noticing the corset under it. "How do you put on a corset?" Emma asked under her breath.

Someone knocked on the door. "I can help you", a high-pitched voice said behind it, Emma turned around tightening the towel. "Come in", she said. "I didn't mean to startle you, I'm sorry miss Swan" the girl said stepping in, she was young, but her face was full of tiredness. "It's okay", Emma sighed. "How do you know my name?" she continued before the girl could say anything. "Snow White told me. I forgot to give you this petticoat so I thought I could come and give it to you" the girl explained. "Thank you", Emma said when the girl landed the petticoat on the table. "I've never used a corset, so could you really help me?" Emma asked, the girl's eyes widened and she gave Emma a smile. "Snow said you aren't from here. Of course, I can help you miss Swan", the girl said.

"Let's start then. Put on this petticoat first, then I can help you with the corset" the girl smiled, Emma nodded in silence. She sensed that this wasn't the first time the girl had helped someone dress but still she couldn't stop herself from turning around while dressing. When the petticoat was on Emma thought it only could've been a whole dress, but the girl had already started with the corset. Se wrapped the corset around Emma's chest, it fitted perfectly. "This may hurt a bit", the girl said and started tightening the strings.

Emma was ready for a slight pain but wasn't prepared for the misery. She couldn't breathe, it was like her ribs had pulled into her lungs and broken through them. "I know it's tight but you'll get used to it", the girl told her, Emma couldn't say anything. "Now lets but the dress on. Wow, this dress is really beautiful", the girl sighed while lifting the dress above Emma's head and helping her to get it in place.

"You look stunning", the girl said when Emma turned around to face her. "Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't ask before but what's your name?" Emma said. "I'm Eliana Frost. Most people call me miss Frost", the girl said. "Nice to meet you miss Frost" Emma smiled. "Nice to meet you miss Swan", Eliana smiled back.

Emma wandered through the castle trying to find Snow or James. The shoes she was wearing were the most comfortable ones she had evener owned, but the dress was always on the way. "There you are", Snow smiled coming out one of the rooms. "Have you found any maps yet?" Emma asked. "Not yet", Snow pressed her lips together into a straight line. "You must be hungry, come on let's go and eat something", she said taking Emma's hand on hers. "You really don't need to do all this just for me", Emma said blushing when Snow started to lead her down the stairs. "You are a guest in my home and I'll do anything that you'll feel comfortable" Snow said almost demanding tone in her voice.

Snow led Emma to a big dining room, the whole table was full of food, dozens of different kinds of fruits and vegetables, bread and meat. "Sit and eat as much as you want" Snow said sitting to the nearest chair. Emma sat next to her and began to take food to the plate in front of her. She didn't want to seem greedy or needy but she couldn't control herself. Emma glanced at Snow who was smiling gently. "Don't worry Emma, we have more food than you could eat in a lifetime" Snow chuckled when Emma got her plate full of food.

"Who was the woman in the mirror?" Emma asked and took a bite of the best apple she had ever tasted. "What woman?" Snow's face went pale. "The woman in the mirror. She had brown eyes and black long hair", Emma replied. "Don't worry about it" Snow said, but Emma could see the fear in her eyes. "I need to go and find James" Snow's voice shivered when she stood up. She faced the dining room door when James walked in. "Charming, she's back."