Chapter 9

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked looking more shocked than Regina. "I didn't do anything more than talk to your heart", Regina argued back. "What did you say to it?" Emma questioned, her hands in fists. "I ordered you to come here", Regina said, the heart still in her hand. "So you did do it!" Emma shouted. "It doesn't work like that!" The Queen yelled back. "You were supposed to walk here not puff out of thin air!" she continued squeezing the heart without even thinking.   

Emma's chest started to burn, she couldn't breathe. She lifted her hand to her chest and closed her eyes. "Were you lying when you said that you are from a world without magic?", Regina asked, she looked down to see Emma's heart and quickly stopped squeezing it. "No! I have never seen this kind of magic before" Emma insisted, when the pain stopped and she could breathe again. "But you have seen magic?" 

"Not real one. Only those where people makes you pay attention to something while doing something else at the same time, so they make it seem like magic, but it isn't magic like this", Emma tried her best to describe. Regina's expression didn't look impressed. "You don't need to believe me but I swear on my life that I don't know magic!" Emma yelled, her blood boiling. "Emma, calm the fuck down", Regina said and so Emma did, she didn't have a choice. Regina was still holding her heart.  

Regina didn't even pay attention to the fact that Emma had to do anything she would say next. "Think of your room in this castle. Try to imagine yourself in it", Regina requested. So Emma did, she saw her bedroom in her head and before realizing it she was actually in it. "What the hell", she sighed. "Regina?" She asked, but didn't see her anywhere. Emma walked to the mirror and looked at herself. "So, I can teleport. Me who learned that magic is real only a week ago", Emma said to the mirror. "Seems like that's the case", Regina's impressed voice said behind her. 

"How is this possible?" Emma asked turning around to face her again. "I don't know, but I think I can ask someone that does know", Regina replied, her hands now empty. "It's late. You should sleep, using magic takes a lot of energy when you're not used to it", she continued before vanishing to the purple smoke. Emma took a deep breath before finding her a nightgown to sleep in.

The moon shined through the small window straight to Emma's closed eyes, it made it impossible for her to fall asleep. She turned around to escape the bright white light, but couldn't find a good position. She felt like waves of something, something powerful went through her body every time she took a breath. It made her body dense and feel like she couldn't relax. Emma rolled around in the bed till she just couldn't do anything but open her eyes. The room was dark, she couldn't see anything and the moon had passed the window. Hours had passed and she hadn't slept. 

Emma sat up on the bed when her eyes adjusted to the darkness, the room was empty, but something had changed. The mirror, it was facing straight at her. Emma got up to move it, but it wouldn't budge, it was like clued to the floor. "Stop stalking on me, you creep", Emma cursed. She went to the wardrobe, found the longest dress possible to cover up the mirror. When she got the mirror covered as good as she could, she returned to bed. Emma closed her eyes and finally fell to a dreamless sleep.