Chapter 4

Emma had been wandering through the castle and it's garden for two days, eating better than ever in her life before. They still hadn't found a way back to Boston, but it didn't bother Emma the only thing she was missing was her yellow bug.

That day everyone working in the castle run around like crazy, it was the day of the wedding. Snow had been getting ready the whole day and James was worried about everything. They hadn't told anything about the woman even when Emma had asked they just changed the topic hoping she wouldn't ask again.

"Can I help in any way?" Emma asked when she spotted miss Frost in the big hall. "I'm afraid you can't. Your dress for the wedding is ready in your room, you could go and dress up, you don't have a lot of time to get ready", miss Frost smiled putting roses of all colors where ever she could. "I'm still a bit lost. What's the best way to get to my room?" Emma blushed, walking next to her. "You can get there from the little staircase there", miss Frost pointed at an old wooden door. Emma nodded as a thank you and walked across the hall.

The door opened creaking, showing a little spiral staircase made of stone. Emma started climbing up, she had a long white dress on and the same leather shoes, she didn't want to take them off but she was ready to use high heels for a few hours for the wedding. The stairs were clearly old, probably older than Emma was but they stayed firmly on their place. Emma climbed all the way up thinking the stairs would never end, but when she finally reached the top and opened another wooden door she noticed that her room was right next to it.

Emma smiled gently when she opened the light door to her room. On the big and soft bed was a beautiful gown as red as her old jacket she weren't able to use with all the dresses. The gown's bodice was decorated with slightly lighter lace and it didn't have any sleeves. It was the prettiest dress Emma had ever seen. Next to the bed on the floor were her black high heels. On the table in the back of the room waiting for her was a gorgeous necklace with a ruby shaped like a tear and earrings to match it.

Emma got dressed up just right on time before James knocked on her door and stepped in. "Found any maps?" Emma asked when she saw him. "Not yet, I'm sorry. But you can stay here as long as you want to" James said, a comforting smile on his face. "Ready to get married?" Emma smiled back, trying to hide the disappointment. "I've been from the day I met Snow", James replied. "Come on let's go", he continued vanishing from the doorway.

When Emma reached the hall, it was full of people. Everyone from days away had come here to celebrate and everyone had their best outfits on. James and the priest stood in front of the hall, on a podium in the shape of a circle. The music began and everyone looked at the doorway where Snow White was standing in her white dress made of feathers, she had white gloves and a big silver necklace. Snow walked down the aisle, her smile big and wide. When reaching the podium James took her hand and pulled her to stand in front of him.

The ceremony was beautiful and long, so long that Emma's legs hurt and she wanted to throw her heels out of the painted window. Finally, the priest asked: "Do you prince James want to take Snow White to be your wife and love her all eternity?"

"I do."

"Do you Snow White want to take prince James to be your husband and love him all eternity?"

"I do", Snow smiled looking at James's eyes. "I now pronounce you husband and wife", The priest said, everyone started clapping. Even if Emma had just met them she was happy and grateful to be there. The newly-wed couple were sharing their first kiss when the door opened just before their lips touched.

"Sorry I'm late" Said a woman. It was the same strong voice Emma had heard a few days earlier. The woman walked down the aisle, but all Emma could see was the other guests fearful faces. "It's the queen, run!" Someone yelled from the other side of the hall and the voice of a sword filled Emma's ears when she finally could see the intruder.

She was the most beautiful woman Emma had ever seen. She didn't look the same as in the mirror, but Emma could still recognize her as the woman in it. It was like everything around her disappeared, all the sounds, all the guests and the whole room. All she could see was the woman in a black dress, perfectly shaped for her body.

She could see her lips moving when she said something to James and Snow, but Emma didn't care. Someone started running behind her and pushed her over so she woke up from her thoughts and all the sounds, guests, and the room came back. "My gift to you is this happy, happy day" The woman people called queen said. "But tomorrow my real work begins. You've made your vows, now I make mine", she continued looking straight at Emma's eyes for a second before looking back at Snow and James her eyes full of hate.

"Soon everything you love. Everything all of you love, will be taken from you forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory" she cursed walking around the room. "I shall destroy your happiness if it is the last thing I do", the queen said before turning around and walking towards the door. "Hey!" James shouted before throwing his sword at the woman, but she disappeared like smoke in the air before it could hit her.

The hall went silent, Snow was leaning against James, her face full of worry. Slowly all the guests left the hall, the celebration was quickly canceled. Snow and James waited for everyone to leave before even looking at Emma.

Emma wasn't sure what she had or what she even could do, so she just gave them a gentle smile before walking closer to talk. "Is that the woman you saw in the mirror?" Snow asked when Emma stood in front of her. "Yes."

"We need to cover every mirror from the castle right now", Snow demanded looking at a guard standing a few feet away. The guard nodded and left the hall. "What's her name?" Emma couldn't control her curiosity. Snow looked almost shocked that Emma wanted to know that. "Regina" replied James, holding Snows hand. "She's legally my stepmother", Snow added.

----------------------------------------------

It had been three days, Regina hadn't showed up and Snow was quieter than ever. Her joy and happiness gone, replaced with fear and worry. Emma had stopped to try to get back home at least for now, until everything would be safe again.

"Emma, have you eaten today?" Snow asked when she spotted Emma in the garden. "I have. Thanks for caring", Emma smiled back. "Are you okay?" she continued. "As okay as I can be. As long as Regina's heart is full of pain and misery I won't be fully okay", Snow said, shifting her eyes to the ground.

Emma couldn't stop thinking about Regina, her beautiful eyes and body, her strong voice and perfect dress. Emma's head filled with thoughts of fear but also dreams. "I might have a plan to safe the Enchanted Forest", Emma sighed, her eyes glimmering in the sun.