20

MONSTER

MONSTER

In an unexpected move, the man with the bat uses the weapon to guide my head up. I can feel the nails against my chin, and I do nothing but stare.

"I asked your name," He tells me harshly. 

"I heard you."

Carl squeezes my hand, roughly. His calloused hands scratched mine gently, he was only there to help he doesn't know he was hurting me. 

"It's Alora," Carl says quietly. 

This little bitch, loves to say my name to strangers. 

"Alora, Alora Borealis." I cringe as the man repeats my name. He smiles at me and moves the bat from my chin.

The man pushes past me and walks into the house, "Clean place for a few street rats."

Carl wouldn't let go of my hand even if I moved quickly to break his grip. He held it like it was life or death, maybe to him this was life or death but to me, this man was not a threat. 

"Stop fidgeting, Alora," Carl whispers into my ear.

The man sits roughly on our couch, Carl and I stood. 

"Well I'm Negan and clearly your boyfriend didn't tell you about who I was."

Sainte and Rowan were crawling out of their skin, you could feel the thick air. A loud crash happens over our heads, something from Sainte's room. She sprung up and booked it upstairs to find the source of the noise. 

Rowan stood too but Negan's men stopped him.

"No, you don't understand she's mute, if it's something bad she'll need help," Rowan pleads.

"You're here for me, not my friend. So let's talk."

Negan nods to his men and they step aside allowing Rowan to help Sainte upstairs. I didn't hear any more commotion from my two friends after they made their escape. 

I don't like the looks of this man, he reminds me of the leader at the high school in Georgia. Negan has an ugly expression on his face, he looks like a predator looking at its prey. 

"How old are you, Alora?" He grins.

I glare at him, looking him up and down with distaste, a leather jacket with a red handkerchief this man got his fashion from a Harley Davidson biker ad in 2008. 

"Nineteen."

He cocks his head to the side, "You look older, I was gonna offer you a better life but maybe in a few years."

He's exactly how Michael was, Michael was the leader of the high school. He was some middle-aged guy who lived a 'bachelor's life' I know now that means all the girls his age were repulsed by him. He went after me when I first got there, even though I was around 12. Elowen put a quick stop to that, she preoccupied him so he couldn't get to me. That girl did so much for me, only for me to fuck it up.