27

WOLF

WOLF

Negan paced around me like a hungry wolf. I stood my ground, I didn't move. I know how men like this work, Negan is a bit like my dad in that way. I'm gonna get slapped or he is gonna back down, from what Carl said though, I'm not sure either is possible.

"Why don't we take a little drive, Alora?" I stare into his deep dark eyes. He was the opposite of Carl when it came to the eyes, Carl had those pretty blue eyes but Negan? His eyes looked like a horrific landslide.

"Yeah, hard pass."

"Wasn't a question, get in the truck," Negan snaps.

My eyes flicker around, there really is no escape, and even if I book it, he has four other men, I can't outrun all of them.

"C'mon Alora. I won't bite," Negan chuckles. I want to crack this man across the jaw, he would rock my ass though. He easily stands almost a foot taller than me and weighs more than 100 pounds more.

I mentally scan my body for my weapons, they'll easily find Elowen's gun but I have a sheathed knife in my boot as well as a throwing knife in the back of my bra.

They still might find my weapons but there aren't any girls here meaning a guy would have to feel me up to find my weapons and if that happens, there will be deaths.

"Do I need to go pay Carl a visit, maybe take his other eye?" Negan says while tilting his head.

"No, leave him out of this," I snap.

I follow Negan to his truck and get in the passenger seat, I press my back against the seat and cross my arms across my chest.

"Weapons, Alora? I know you're not stupid," The right-hand man smirks, he holds his hand out waiting for me to fold.

I shove my gun into his hand and he pats my shoulder, "Get your fucking hands off of me before I slit your throat," I snap at him.

"Fiesty girl, eh?" Negan chuckles.

I avoid eye contact as his right-hand man shuts the door leaving Negan and me alone in his truck.

"You weren't even around when I met that group so I'm not sure why you hate me and find it so damn important to defy me?" Negan mentions as he pulls the truck into drive.

The truck shutters down the broken road that he took. "Why am I here?" I ask Negan as I watch the day go. I try to focus on the sun and then glanced over to the truck's ultimately broken clock.

"Because I said we needed to talk, so let's talk. How did you end up with Rick's group?" Negan questions.

My eyes thin, no one really asks about the past because no one gives a shit, there has to be something that I'm missing. Unless he's trying to be friendly- which I doubt-- there is some kind of leverage he's trying to gain.