28

LEAVE

LEAVE

I can't count the hours I sat in my own blood with a broken wrist, incapable of protecting myself. Rosita and Tara came back, two hours after they said they would. 

When they pulled up, Rosita jumped from the car and was at my side instantly, cursing herself for taking such a long time to get back to me. 

"Carajo!" Rosita swears in Spanish. 

"I'm fine, just get me home," I manage to say as I pull myself off the ground.

Rosita helps me back to the car I sit down carefully, "Hey, just letting you know I'm bleeding from my back so, uh, might get some blood on the seats. I know there are dead people walking and blood on the seat isn't the biggest concern but I thought I'd let you know."

Tara chuckles, "Oh it's fine we'll just make Carl clean it."

Rosita gets back into the car after picking up some of my lost loot. "Alora, what the fuck happened?" Rosita says, throwing the car into drive to get me back to Alexandria. 

"Negan was trying to get information out of me so I slashed his arm and he broke my wrist," I tell them, cradling my wrist in my other hand. 

"You seem awfully chill for having a broken wrist," Tara comments. 

"Oh yeah, my dad use to beat me and I've had quite a few broken bones. Plus I don't think the adrenaline has run off and it's been like three hours."

"Sorry we took so long we had another run-in with those Whisperers," Rosita tells me. I shrug, nothing I could do about it now.

"Carl's gonna be pissed, huh?"

"Oh yeah, for sure. Good luck ever getting him or Rick to ever say yes for you to run again."

I frown, "Aside from getting the shit beat out of me, I enjoyed this run. I won't enjoy all the poking and prodding that the fucking doctor does when I get back though."

I can see Tara make a face in the mirror, "You haven't been to the doctor in a while, huh? We had one come over from Hilltop, you might like her you might not. She and Carl had a past."

I squint and look at her, "A past? Carl has never mentioned another girl to me."

Tara shrugs, she knows something and she's not sharing it.

We pull up to Alexandria and instantly it feels like the first day I showed up here, I was swarmed by people. One of which being Carl, who looked significantly less than happy. He should be happy I'm alive, to be honest. His eyes were dull with worry, how long has he known about my injury? 

"Alora, what the fuck? What the hell happened?" Carl helps me out of the car, I glance back to see blood on the back seat, yeah I'm sorry about that. 

"Carl, not right now, get her to the doctor," Michonne says, joining him by my side.