7

down to the ground

"Oh- You're here, early."

Jisung caught the same silhoutte that he saw that fateful night entering the venue of their companies launch. Muchbaa he was expecting Felix to actually ran away from such events as the guy's personality comes off, It's the contrary.

"Of course, I'm here and early. Everyone's invited and it's time to socialize with the old dudes." Felix smirked as he tidies up his suit.

"So you're really into older people huh?"

"Ha- funny, that went the way I didn't want it too."

"Maybe?" Felix laughed. "Work is work. I don't seem like a harworker but here I am. Gotta keep that network, Peter."

"Oh is that so? Can't argue with that." Jisung teased.

"Yep. Excuse me for a moment." Felix was then approached a by a woman that seemed like a staff, casually leaning down to hear her better and they went away after giving Jisung a nod and a wave.

Jisung sat on a chair in one of the tables and fumbled through his phone instead as he waited. Asking and pestering his 'manager' and the kids if they're are coming already. There are little to no soul yet in the very grand event. Only staffs are present here and there, servers lining up the glasses and tech team arranging their systems. High ceilings littered with fabrics that reflects the stage lights, golden-plated dead trees are standing randomly for no reason at all that builds up an ominous aura despite it's elegance in this very wide function hall. It was one of those grand gatherings that seemed like a fashion show instead of a launch.

Everything screamed money, from the table arrangement, to the table coth. Each table has their designated places and name plates.

Jisung grabbed a cocktail from the waiter passing by, just to get him through the night. One became two and until the place filled up with the guest, Jisung couldn't count how much and how many drinks he had. So much as to Javi had smelled the beverages on him and even tried guessing which one he had based entirely on the smell as they laugh while Jisung finally realizes that the booming sounds has already been playing- the program has started long ago.

He was minding his own business enjoying a few attention and greetings from people he already knew and doesn't.

There was an emcee opening the event, an opening number as intermission and the introductions of the key members with a crash course of the company history and goals follows.

Jisung was about to fall asleep.

But a familiar low rumbles of the voice echoed into the mic, someone he knew is delivering the speech.

It's Lee Felix.

Lee Felix?

His eyes fluttered at the stage. It's the same man but different demeanor, It's a person he didn't quite know. People clapped in his entry.

"Rebel Lix?" Jisung slammed the table with his palms.

Hah- Of course, that's why it's familiar. Jisung's blood run cold. The guy who was oggling him and Jisung himself, being buddy-buddy with his boss, not just his boss but the main fucking owner.  His stomach did the rumblies that not even alcohol would satisfy, heck he almost spat it on Javi's face.

"God, I smoked weed with him."

"With who? " Justin asked what's babbling about.

"No, shut up, Javi. I preached at him."