Chapter V: The Ashford Mansion

Taking another left, Claire and Steve were making progress.

Alfred was guiding them away from most threats, particularly the tyrant, and those hunters.

For that they were grateful.

But it didn't last forever.

"Claire, I have bad news."

Claire tensed at Alfred's words.

"Yeah? What's wrong?"

Alfred sighed.

"It seems the room to the right of you is the safest route, but, there is a tyrant inside. This one seems to be controlled to keep anyone from getting to the room on the other side, though for what reason, I don't know."

Shit, a tyrant they'd have to fight, given how strong she knew they were, according to Leon, this was going to be a challenge.

Alfred spoke again.

"Claire, shooting them anywhere other than the head is completely ineffective, but it will take a lot of headshots to take it down."

Claire nodded, that matched with what Leon said about them too. The head was their only weak point.

"Ok."

Steve turned to her.

"You ready?"

Claire managed a grin.

"I'm always ready, even when I'm not."

Steve nodded.

"I had the same thought. Well, might as well try to get through this quickly."

With that, they pushed the door open, and aimed their weapons at the tyrant, and opened fire at it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Rodrigo was sick of all this shit, it was all Umbrella's fucking fault.

Dr. Burnside was bitten on the way to the mansion, and opted to kill himself rather than succumb to infection.

Rodrigo did not stay to watch that, and was now finally in the mansion.

He thought of the Redfield girl for a moment, he hoped she was safe. Maybe he'd run into her.

He could only hope at this point.

He kicked a zombified dog away and shot it in the head, killing it, before he proceeded.

Keeping his gun held up, moving slowly through the halls. He heard a couple shots before moving quicker down the hall.

Looking down one hall to the right, an Umbrella soldier. Mm, screw him.

Which was right as a couple zombies attacked him from behind. He hadn't reacted in time, and so his helmet got ripped off, and they started ripping and biting into him.

Rodrigo moved away from that scene.

He proceeded to a door with a puzzle looking photo of a girl.

Must be one of the Ashford children.

He pushed it open. Revealing a larger room, with a staircase to the right. He went to the staircase, and ascended it to the floor above.

He turned to the hall to the right.

He got a feeling that someone had been here before him, kinda weird, but, eh, he'd find out soon anyway.

His suspicions we're confirmed as he saw an open door up ahead.

Should he go the other way or this way?

He could run into Umbrella soldiers, but it could be Claire.

After hearing a few more gunshots, he decided to take the risk, he was kind of a daredevil anyway.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The tyrant was faster than the first one they encountered earlier.