Chapter IX: Mutation

Claire stood up against a nearby cabinet. She was officially at a loss.

Nothing went according to plan.

Chris wasn't there yet, Alfred was dead, Alexia was...somewhere, Rodrigo chose to stay behind, and now she was trapped in this room after Isaacs had injected the T-Veronica virus into Steve, who would likely turn any minute now.

She hated the thought, unfortunately it was inevitable.

Claire wondered about Alexia, she was kind of curious now. Concerned when Isaacs said all that stuff about her earlier, but curious now.

If Alexia was infected with T-Veronica, why hadn't she mutated? Did she hold it in somehow? Was the infection in her...how to put it, nullified or something?

She was so lost in thought that she didn't hear Steve calling out her name.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Chris spent the elevator ride conversing with Alexia.

She was not how he'd expected.

Alexia was so very kind, she was intelligent, selfless...

And very much sane in mind.

They recalled tales of their sibling mischiefs.

One example, when Claire punched a boy in school.

Chris had to go to the school to sort it out. Claire had swore up and down it was an accident, but Chris knew better.

That smile she gave the boy she hit in the office wasn't a friendly one, but one that promised pain or worse if he said or did anything after that.

He asked why she did it, and she just told him she had it covered, which didn't reassure him.

Another, when Alfred and Alexia were little, and Alfred had, very intentionally, left a snake in a bodyguard's bed while the man slept.

He apparently woke up screaming bloody murder the next morning.

Alexander had questioned who had scared the poor man to near literal death, but never found the culprit, being Alfred.

Alexia, being the good sister she was, scolded him, but then, being the loving sister she was, she blackmailed him.

Safe to say Alfred came clean afterwards, though Alexia didn't tell Chris what she had on Alfred.

Though he guessed it was probably something big.

Chris asked her as such, asking what secrets Alfred had that he kept.

Alexia sighed after he asked.

"Alfred had multiple secrets Chris, a few that he was particularly afraid of getting out."

Chris nodded, he already had one he didn't want getting out, his sexuality.

Of course everyone from his team who survived knew, as well as Claire, but other than that, he wanted no one knowing, yet.

"Alfred...wasn't born a man."

Ok, that actually surprised him.

Alexia shook her head.

"Originally he was born a woman, but, father used some of Umbrella's technology to make him a man. He still had the woman part where you could guess, but otherwise he was a man."

Chris nodded. Ok, that secret did surprise him, but he knew what it was like to be different.

Chris hadn't really known for sure he was gay until he was sixteen, before that he was in denial.