Chapter VI: Awakening

The blood on Alfred's hand was more prominent, and he was dying quickly. Thankfully he made it to the private research area.

As he got closer, he had expected to see research papers, maybe some tubes of bioweapons and other things.

What he did not expect to see was a large cryostasis tube, and inside...

His eyes widened in severe shock.

No...impossible...it could not be.

The form of none other than Alexia inside, the blonde hair and perfect and gorgeous facial features too distinct.

He slowly walked over to the tube.

The distinct voice of Claire was then heard.

"Steve we...Alfred! Thank God, I was worried."

But he was too shocked at seeing his sister in that tube.

She was supposed to be dead...

But she wasn't.

Then he could hear the footsteps getting closer.

"Alfred wh...oh my...God."

Claire clearly saw what he was seeing.

"The fuck? Isn't she supposed to be dead?"

Alfred shook his head slowly.

"..."

But did not reply. Claire placed on hand on his shoulder from behind.

"Well, at least she is still somehow alive, it means we can save her too."

Claire was being hopeful, which he admired, but he was bleeding out.

Which she seemed to notice as she saw his hand over his wound.

"A-Alfred! You're bleeding bad! What happened?!"

She then tried moving him, but he brushed past her grip, and started hitting buttons on the machine. After a few minutes, beeps.

Then, the tube opened, the air within the tube came out, and Alexia fell forward, though Steve moved to catch her before she could hit the ground.

He and Claire then carefully removed the wires, and then Steve held her afterwards.

Then the sound of breathing, and Alfred looked down to see it, Alexia was waking up, she was alive.

But then reality hit, he was about to die, he could feel it, meaning she was just being awoken and brought back to him, but he was about to leave.

Her eyes blinked open slowly.

Claire stood over her.

"Alexia, hey can you hear me?"

Alexia shielded her eyes for a moment before un-shielding them. She looked at Claire more of fear than suspicion.

"W-who are you? Do you work for..."

Claire calmly cut her off.

"Calm down please. We aren't with Isaacs or Umbrella, in fact we're trying to get away from them."

Alexia seemed to take that into account. Though then she noticed Alfred.

"A-Alfred?"

Alfred smiled a bit, how dearly he'd missed her.

"Welcome back sister, I am so...happy t...that you..."

Then he fell to the ground.

"Alfie!"