Chapter X: Escape

Entering the hangar, Chris was a bit taken aback.

There were seven choppers in total.

However when he arrives there were nine. Two were missing.

Who took them?

No time for that question, all that mattered was getting himself, Claire, and Alexia out of here.

Going back to the chopper he came in, he went inside and came back out with a fuel tank.

"Chris?"

Claire looked at him in question.

"Need to refuel."

Alexia seemed to tense up briefly before looking behind her at the hangar door, which had just closed.

"A tyrant is coming."

Claire turned to her with surprise.

"What? Are you serious?"

Alexia nodded.

"It must have followed you, Steve, and Rodrigo through the mansion on the way here."

Claire armed her gun.

"Great, almost away and of course this happens."

Alexia proceeded to walk over to a panel, type in some things, and the door made more clicking noises.

Chris looked over as he began to refuel the chopper.

"What's that?"

"I've sent the hangar door into lockdown mode, so the tyrant will have a more difficult time breaking in. It should give you enough time to fully refuel."

Chris nodded.

"Ok, just hope we have that time."

Not long after that, a loud bang at the hangar door.

"It's here."

Claire raised her gun just in case.

Alexia backed away closer to the chopper.

"If he gets through before the refueling is done, let us hope he's not an intelligent one."

Claire nodded in agreement. Then another couple bangs.

After a few more minutes...

"Chris?"

Chris nodded in Claire's direction.

"65%, not too much longer."

She went back to guarding the door.

Another bang.

"75%."

Another three bangs.

"87%."

Another two bangs.

"93%."

Another bang.

"Done!"

Chris pushed the barrel away and rushed to the pilot's seat. He turned on the chopper's blades and engine, everything was a go.

Claire rushed over just as Alexia got on board. The chopper slowly started to lift.

Then a crash, as the tyrant came through the hangar door, and stomped towards them.

Claire tried firing at its head, but she was missing most shots.

Alexia then raised her hand again, and more of those limbs came from the ground.