Chapter 1: The Run-In (literally)

Camille wasn't having a good day. First off she woke up late- the only reason she actually woke up was because of a phone call, I'll get back to that later. And due to waking up late she was running late for work and she needed to get to work. If she wanted to survive living in Cambridge in her shitty ass uni apartment, which definitely charges her too much for it, she needed to be at work in 15 minutes.

And so, here we find Camille rushing out the house without a coat, hat, scarf or gloves on, even though it's 0°C and only getting colder. What an idiot - I bet you that's going to bite her in the arse later.

Anyways. Camille, being the smart arse she is, starts running to work. And whilst she's at it she starts thinking about the phone call she got from her mother.

You see, my dear reader, Camille's brother is getting married! How exciting am I right? But her mother, being a perfectionist and a traditionalist, wants Camille to have a date for the wedding.

Bother. Our dearest Camille has an, uh, issue.

Her last relationship wasn't the best, the boy was toxic and controlling and didn't let her do anything without him. And Camille, being the sweetheart she is, didn't break up with the dipshit until her brother, not the one getting married, saw a bruise on her and confronted her and she said that he was abusive.

And well her brother being amazing, beat the living shit out of the bastard and told the police.

And ever since Camille has not dated, or trusted anyone since.

But now? Now Camille is fucked up. She needed to find a date in the next couple days and convince them to go to Germany with her.

SMASH!

Oh dear, what has she done now?

Ah, I knew this would end up being an issue. She was so focused on thinking about the phone call that she wasn't concentrating on where she was going.

And it turns out she ran into a girl. A very pretty girl at that.

"Watch where you're going next time." A low adverbed, modulated voice said.

"Shit! I'm so sorry!" Camille said but when she looked up the other girl was gone.

Camille just shook her head and muttered something and continued running to work.

She got in just before 9 and put her apron on.

And then she turned the sign which said that they were now open. Camille breathed in and greeted the first customer- his name was Robert and he liked green tea. He came in every morning and got the same thing every time.

"Morning Rob. How are you?" Camille asked, brewing his tea.

"I'm good, thanks. A bit tired because of the kids but that's nothing new." He said as he let out a yawn.

"Ah, well enjoy your morning cuppa and enjoy your work." Camille said with a smile.

Time passed rather quickly, Camille's day was full of greeting people and asking how they were and then giving them their tea.

It was nearly closing hour and she was restocking the tea bags when she heard the bell jingle.

"I'll be out there in one second!" She called, a bit miffed due to the time.

She came back from stocking the tea and she dusted the imaginary dust from her apron.

"Hi, what can I get for you" Camille asked politely.

"Oh. It's you." The low adverbed voice said.

Camille's ears tingled. She knew that voice, it was from the girl she ran into this morning.