Wounded

Arlecchino quickly ran into her house, closing the door behind her and locking it. She knew none of the Fatui knew were she lived and there was no way they could find them. She ran into her room, the warmth of it warming her stinging throat. She gently placed the unconscious Lumine on her bed, realising the blood had slowly stopped. She carefully took off her coat off of Lumine so she could clean the wound. The cut was much deeper than she thought. She quickly got her medical supplies and started to clean Lumines shoulder. Lumine occasionally flinched from the pain even though she was unconscious. Arlecchino finished cleaning the wound, plopping down on the ground next to the bed. She wasn't expecting to go running full speed to the abandoned house just to run back even faster to her own house. She stood up and grabbed the blankets on her bed, placing them over Lumine. She sighed, walking into the living room to keep the fire going.

    Lumine slowly woke up, smelling the sent of the fresh bedsheets on top of her. She blinked as she looked around, wondering where she was. She leaned forward and started to feel dizzy. Bandages covered her shoulder, making her remember what happened. She threw her legs over the side of the bed, standing up slowly. Her vision spun, making her fall back down onto the bed.

   Arlecchino looked into the room, seeing Lumine was awake. "Hey, don't try to stand.." she said walking up to Lumine. Lumine nodded and laid back down on the bed, making sure she didn't lean on her shoulder.

   "I'm sorry.. that I caused you so much trouble.." Lumine said as she looked over at Arlecchino.

   Arlecchino brushed hair out of Lumines face and looked at her. "Don't apologise, it's ok." She held her hand against Lumines face. She suddenly realised what she was doing, quickly taking her hand away from Lumines face. A slight blush was on her face as she looked away. "I'll go get you something to drink.." she stood up and quickly left the room.

   Lumine looked at the door confused, she lifted her hand to where Arlecchino's was. She suddenly started blushing realising Arlecchino had been holding her face. Lumine carefully sat up, resting her back against the back of the bed.

   Arlecchino walked in, holding two hot cups of tea. She handed one to Lumine and sat down on the bed next to her.

   "Thank you.. and thank you for helping me.." Lumine said looking down at the cup of tea.

   "It's no problem, I'm happy to help," she said looking at Lumine.

    Lumine took a sip of the hot tea. She felt it warm up her throat with the slight minty flavor it had.

   "You can stay here if you want. That house isn't safe anymore." Arlecchino said with slight anger in her voice. "No one knows where this house is, not even the other Harbingers."

   Lumine looked up at her, "Really? How do they not know where this house is?" she asked as she took another sip of her tea.

   "I'm not sure. It's just on the edge of Snezhnaya, so maybe they can't track it as easily." She said turning to Lumine. She sat cris cross on the bed next to Lumine. "I've been saving people from Dettore's experiments for awhile now, and they have never found this place."

   "Oh, you've saved more than just me?" Lumine said surprised.

   "Yea, I've saved quite a few people." She said looking down at her tea.

    Lumine placed her tea down on the bedside table. Arlecchino looked at her confusingly, wondering what she was doing. Lumine leaned forward and hugged Arlecchino, only able to tight wrap one of her arms around her.

   "Thank you for helping me so much.." Lumine said into Arlecchino's shoulder while blushing.

   Arlecchino held her hands up, not expecting Lumine to hug her. She slowly wrapped her arms around Lumine, tightly hugging her. She couldn't respond to Lumine through her shock and being flustered.

    Lumine backed away from the hug suddenly. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" Lumine said hesitantly, not knowing how Arlecchino would respond.

   Arlecchino leaned forward, hugging Lumine again so she wouldn't see her blushing face. She buried her face into Lumine's unwounded shoulder. "Stop apologising, it's ok.."

   Lumine blushed as she hugged Arlecchino back. She didn't realise Arlecchino actually wanted to hug her. She slowly lifted her arm and brushed her fingers through Arlecchino's silver hair. Arlecchino pulled away from the hug suddenly, looking away so Lumine wouldn't see her blushing.

   "Sorry, I need to do something.." she quickly stood up and walked into the other room. Lumine looked down at her hand, regretting what she did.

   Arlecchino leaned against a wall blushing. *Why do I feel like this towards her..* she thought as she blushed. *Im a Harbinger.. and she's one of our most wanted targets.. she's not going to want to be with me..*

   Lumine laid down and looked up at the ceiling, not knowing what to do. She decided to try to sleep and think about it tomorrow.