In the Forest

The sun started to slowly set, the sky turned to a dark purple. Arlecchino walked ahead of Lumine, looking around. Lumine looked off into the distance, admiring the light of the sky.

   "I'm not quite sure where we are going to sleep tonight." Arlecchino said looking around, crossing her arms.

   "Hm.. how safe is it for us to just camp out here?" Lumine asked as she stood next to Arlecchino, admiring her silver hair in the lighting.

   "I'm not sure about that." She said looking around at a forest nearby. "I have never camped outside like this before, so I'm not sure how dangerous it could be in this place."

   "You've never been camping randomly in the wilderness before??"

   She looked over at Lumine, slightly confused. "No, I haven't," she said as she held back a laugh. "But, I don't think it would be very likely that you would see a Harbinger sleeping outside in a tent."

   Lumine grabbed Arlecchino's hand, running towards the neighboring forest. The tall grass hit their legs as they ran across the field. Lumine stopped as they entered the forest.

   "We can stay here for the night!" Lumine said happily, holding onto Arlecchino's hand.

   "It doesn't seem too bad," she looked up at the trees, admiring the leaves slowly swaying in the wind.

   Lumine looking up at the sky, noticing it was quickly getting dark. She let go of Arlecchino's hand, looking back at the lake in the distance. "I should catch us some fish so we can eat-"

   Arlecchino grabbed the bag on her shoulders, opening it up revealing some vegetables mixed with meat. "I may have packed extra food." She held out the food to Lumine.

   "Oh! Ok that makes things much easier," Lumine hummed happily, grabbing the container of food. Lumine noticed a mossy tree stump, walking over to it. Arlecchino followed, watching Lumine happily sit down on the tree stump. She sat down on the ground next to Lumine, tucking the end of her coat under her legs.

   "Do you want to sit up here?-" Lumine said as she looked down at Arlecchino, who began to eat her food. She shook her head, looking up Lumine. Lumine decided to just eat, not wanting to force Arlecchino to do anything.

   *Such a strange person..*

   Both of them ate their food, watching the sunlight slowly leave the sky, making it dark. The stars in the sky began to shine through the trees, dimly lighting up the surrounding land. Arlecchino suddenly stood up, packing away the empty food container. Lumine stood up, doing the same. She looked up through the trees at the sky, seeing them dimly shine.

   "Do you wish to sleep?" Arlecchino said as she stood close to Lumine.

   Lumine looked up at Arlecchino, nodding. She paused, looking at Arlecchino's eyes. The bright red X's on her eyes dimly glowed in the darkness.

   "Hm?" Arlecchino looked down at her confused.

   "Your eyes glow, I just didn't know that," Lumine said smiling.

    Arlecchino laughed quietly. "There's apparently a lot about me that surprises you."

    Lumine nodded as she grabbed Arlecchino's hand, gently holding it. "And that makes you one of the most interesting people I've met in all of Teyvat."

   Arlecchino's face started to heat up. The darkness hid this fact from Lumine, making her not feel as embarrassed. She looked away, looking at the base of a tree. Lumine followed the gaze of the glow.

   "Lets sleep," Arlecchino said as she took off her coat as she walked over to the tree. She sat down, brushing some leaves away from her. Lumine happily walked over, sitting down next to Arlecchino. She saw Arlecchino set down her coat as she reached over to Lumine. She gently picked her up, setting her down in front of her. Lumine sat with her back to Arlecchino, feeling her face heat up. Arlecchino grabbed her coat, wrapping it around Lumine.

   "I'll keep you safer if your here." Arlecchino said, trying to make an excuse to keep Lumine close to her, even though it wasn't exactly a lie. She wrapped her arms around Lumine, tightly holding her.

   Lumine's face was bright red. She leaned back against Arlecchino despite her blushing and racing heart. She snuggled under Arlecchino's coat on top of her, feeling comfortable and safe.

   Arlecchino brushed some hair from Lumine's face, tucking it behind her ear. She leaned over, kissing Lumine's cheek. She leaned her head against Lumine's, closing her eyes.

   "Goodnight Lumine," she said tiredly.

   Lumine's heart was racing faster, not knowing how to respond. She leaned her head against Arlecchino's, feeling her face heating up.

   "G-goodnight.."