TWO

Everything has gone so wrong

Everything has gone so wrong. My models have not shown up, and the fabric for my designs has not shown up either. My designers lack skills. To top it all off, I have no idea how Kane is still alive.

My office door opens, and my assistant walks in. "what the fuck do you need?" I shout before letting out a frustrated sigh. "I'm sorry, Mara. What do you want?" I mutter in a soft tone.

I need to control my temper.

"You have a visitor. His name is Mr. Delacroix," she muttered, staring at the ground. "Kane Delacroix?" I question as I stand up. "Yes ma'am," she says before leaving the room.

The door opens again, and Kane walks in. "Hello, Ms. Zorbide," He says before sitting in a chair, in front of my desk.

God, he looks the same as he did all those years ago.

I sit down in my chair before looking back over at Kane. "Hi, Mr. Delacroix, How can I help you?"

I try my hardest to only stare at his eyes, but I can't help my eyes darting to his lips. These are the lips that I used to kiss.

"I wanted to ask you on a date." He says, giving me a smirk. "We've only known each other for five minutes, and you want to take me out on a date?"

"A man wants what a man wants, and I want to take you out on a date. Plus, it would be an honor to take such a beautiful woman out."

Kane always had a great sense of humor.

I laughed, shaking my head. "Ok, is today ok for the date? "I ask. His eyes light up as he looks up at me. "That's perfect. Is 8 o'clock alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, that's good," I say as I pull out a notepad, write my number, then rip the paper, handing it to him. "I'll see you tonight Ms. Zorbide," He says, glancing at me before walking out of the room.

"You have a date tonight!" My assistant Mara squeals as I decide to eavesdrop, and I'm glad I did." She squeals. "Mara, it is not a big deal," I mutter, leaning back in my chair. "No big deal!" She shouts as she walks over to me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell, Ms. Zorbide, but for the five years I have worked for you, you have never shown an interest in any man or woman, and now you're going on a date," she says, her voice slightly lowered.

Jessie may get on my nerves sometimes, but she is like my sister.

"I guess I never met someone attractive enough to ask them out on a date," I say, shrugging.

That wasn't the truth. I didn't have any love left. When I left Kane, all of my love stayed with him.

"You have to let me choose your outfit and your makeup. Pretty please," she squeals, giving me puppy dog eyes. I sigh, rubbing my hand over my face. "Do you remember where my house is, right?" I ask. "Yes ma'am, I do," she replies.

" Meet me there at 6 o'clock to help me get ready," Mara's face lights up as she runs over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you so much. We are going to have so much fun," she squeals, letting me go and skipping out of the room.

I will never understand how that girl is happy all the time.