SEVEN

I grab Rena's hand as we walk toward the entrance of the building

"How does it feel to be the first man to go on a date with Ms. Zorbisde," a reporter asks, shoving a mic into my face.

I look over to Rena, looking into her eyes before turning back to the reporter. "It's an honor. I get to go on a date with a beautiful woman who makes me extremely happy. Life can't get any better than this," I state, forcing my best smile.

"Excuse us, we have a gala to get to," Rena grits out before forcing our way through the crowd of reporters. "I'm guessing you aren't a big fan of crowds," I say, noticing Rena's irritation as she looks around at people. "How about I get us a drink," I say.

"Will you get me a glass of prosecco?" she says, smiling. "You got it," I say, walking to the bar. "Hi, what can I get for you, sir?" the bartender asks, pulling her shirt down to show off her cleavage.

Disgusting. What kind of woman flaunts her cleavage to a stranger?

"Can I get the Glenfiddich neat and a glass of prosecco?" I ask, trying to hide the disgust in my voice. "Yes sir, I'll get that to you as quick as I can," she squeals in her fake high-pitched voice.

Women like her are the reason I never want to leave my house

I turn around, spotting a man walking over to Rena. He grabs her hand and brings it to his lip and fucking kisses it.

He kissed my fucking girl's hand.

Forgetting my drinks, I walk over to Rena until I'm towering over her from behind. I snake my arm around her waist, pulling her in closer as I glare at the man before me.

"Hi, I'm Kane, Rena's boyfriend," I sneer, looking down at him. Rena looks up at me, giving me a slight glare. "Last time I checked, she didn't have a boyfriend," He retorts, looking up at me.

"That's funny because last time I checked, you had a wife," I say, clenching my jaw. "Oh wait, I forgot she divorced you last week and took your kids with her," I say, smiling. "What the fuck did you just say to me?" he asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

I would take him seriously, but the way he is craning his neck, and attempting to stare into my eyes, is quite funny.

"Mr. Louise, it would be great if you would walk away. Your presence isn't wanted" I cover my mouth, attempting to hide my smile as I speak. He lets out a huff before turning and marching off.

Rena shoves me away, turning to stare at me. "Why the fuck would you do that? Mr. Louise is one of my most prominent investors." She grits, glaring at me.

Does she honestly think I care about that? I could give her millions of dollars, which would be like a penny to me. She doesn't need any investors.

"Because you're mine, and every man, including him, should acknowledge that. If you need better investors, I can triple what he gives you," I grit out. Octavia opens her mouth to speak but stops as she sees a woman marching over to us.

"Enough with the arguing. Get out there and dance and make the people happy," she says before marching off.

"You heard the lady. Let's go dance," I said, offering her my hand, and ignoring her death glare. "I'm only dancing with you to make my assistant, Mara, happy," she mutters, placing her hand in mine.

I squeeze her hand before guiding her into the circle of dancing couples.

"I'm not yours, Kane. Don't make the mistake of thinking that," she mutters.

I stare into her eyes, forgetting about the people dancing around us. "You're right. I apologize for what I said," I mumble, offering her a small smile. Her eyes narrow at me with anger. "I forgive you, but if you ever think you can own me, I will take my heels off and stab them into your eyes," she says, smiling.

"No man could own you. I would be a fool if I tried," I say before twirling her out my arm and bringing her closer. Leaning down, I hover above her lips before placing a kiss on her cheek. "I am truly sorry," I say before pulling away from her.

Rena's hand dabbed the spot on her cheek where I kissed her. She smiles before looking up at me. "I have to go make a speech," she says quickly before speed-walking away from me.

That woman is so fucking hot.