TWELVE

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask Kane as I sit down beside him on his couch

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask Kane as I sit down beside him on his couch. He hums in response.

I lay my head on Kane's shoulder. "how do you know Christian?" I ask. I feel him tense under me as I speak. I think his eyes stare down at me. "He's my brother" He sighs. I jerk away from him in shock.

How could they be brothers? Kane is immortal, does that mean, so is Christian?

"I took my mother's last name. He took our father's last name," he says, staring at my confused face.

When I first met Kane, he told me he was an only child. I guess that was a lie, too.

"If he's your brother, why would you tell me to stay away from him?"

"Christian is destructive. Nothing ends well when you are friends with him. He may be my brother, but he is difficult to deal with." He mutters, staring blankly at a wall.

I guess family is a tricky subject. I know what will make all this better.

I smile at him before climbing onto his lap and kissing him softly. "I'm sorry, I brought him up," I whisper, leaning down and trailing kisses down his neck. His cold, calloused hands slide under my shirt, caressing my skin.

This is what it feels like to be home. My body is burning for more.

I stare at him, drawing my lower lip between my teeth, feeling his erection grow under me. "The things I'm thinking of doing to you right now," he groans into my ear.

A shudder runs through me as goosebumps rise from his words. His hands move lower on my body and lower still. "Do you want me?" He asks seductively, looking into my eyes.

"I want all of you,"

As soon as he hears my words, he grabs onto my thighs, hoisting me up as he stands. With ease, he carries me up the stairs into his bedroom. His face is dark with lust as we make our way over to the bed. He leans over, placing me on my back.

He presses his mouth to mine once again.

It's unlike our last. It is full of hunger, wants, and needs.

As he kisses me, his hands travel up my body, stopping at the buttons on my shirt. He slowly unbuttons my shirt, one at a time. He looks away for a second, only to return his gaze to me. His eyes are dark with desire as he stares at me.

I've missed this. The way he looks at me makes me feel unique and bubbly inside.

"I can't be the only one naked, "I say, smiling up at Kane. Chuckling, he grabs the hem of his shirt, pulls it over his head, and discards it somewhere around the room. My eyes rack over his toned abs, then his defined V-line.

"Do you like what you see?" Kane teased. I playfully glared at him. "Shut up and kiss me"

"I'm planning to do a lot more than kiss you." He mutters as his lips find their way back down my throat, trailing kisses to the juncture of my neck. His hands wander to the side of my torso, moving up until they reach my breasts.

I can't help but moan in response as his thumb circles my nipples. "You're so fucking gorgeous, baby." he groans, moving his hands from my boobs and hooking them on the waistband of my panties.

"Can I?" He asks nodding towards my panties. I nod my head, staring down at him between my legs. Without hesitation, he pulls my panties off in one swift motion and tosses them aside.

His thumb gently presses against my clitoris. He licks his lips as he sucks and nibbles on my clit.

God, I think I might be in heaven.

I gasp, gripping the sheets in my hands, feeling him suck on my clit. "You taste so fucking good, ангел" He breathed.

I buck my hips, feeling two of Kane's calloused fingers enter me, pumping in and out.

"Fuck..." I whined, feeling his teeth graze my sensitive flesh. My hands thread through his silver-grey hair, pulling his mouth closer to me as I felt my orgasm building.

He lets out a throaty chuckle as he hears my whines and moans. "So fucking responsive," He groans, adding a third finger.

My back arches slightly as I squeeze the sheets harder in my hand. My eyes roll back as I feel my orgasm rip through me.

He moves his head away from my pussy, no longer squatting between my legs. His mouth glistened with my arousal.

"You're so fucking perfect," he whispers, climbing on top of the bed, and lying beside me.

I curl into him as I nuzzle his shoulder, closing my eyes. I run my fingertips across his bare chest, stopping at the thickened scars across his heart. I feel him stiffen under me.

How did he get these scars? They're knife wounds. How could he have knife wounds over his heart?

"Do you want to tell me about this scar?" I ask softly. The look of concern on his face washed away any doubt I had. He has the same expression when I get hurt.

"How did you get this?" I whisper, looking up at him. Kane blankly stares at me with tears swelling in his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it," he grumbles, looking away. I sigh, nuzzling more into him.

What happened to him?