FOUR

Swallowing the last piece of food, I set my fork down

Swallowing the last piece of food, I set my fork down. "I'm sorry about what happened in the kitchen. That was my first time," I say, looking up at Rena.

Her eyes widen. "Your first time kissing a girl?" She asks, shocked.

I shake my head, letting out a laugh. "No... my first time losing control so easily. I didn't mean to rush you into something and make you uncomfortable." I say.

I truly feel terrible. I don't think I could forgive myself if I ever made Rena uncomfortable.

"Trust me, I was anything but uncomfortable," Rena replies as a blush creeps onto her pale face.

When I stare at her, all I see is my Raven. My head is telling me Rena can't be Raven because it has been three centuries, and as far as I know, I'm the only immortal. However, my heart tells me she is my Raven. They look identical, but Lilith is always so happy, and you can always tell just by looking at her eyes she is happy, whereas Rena's eyes are dull and sad. She even has the same two moles on her arm as Raven.

"I have one more thing to show you," I say, walking over to her and offering her my hand. She looks into my eyes, places her hand on mine, and stands up. I lead her through doors and down flights of stairs until we reach my ballroom.

"This is the best part of the house," I tell her, walking through the ballroom doors. Her jaw falls open as she looks around the room. "Most people don't have a ballroom in their home. Why did you build one?" Rena asks, her emerald eyes looking up at me.

"How about that dance you owe me?" I say, looking away from her eyes, changing the subject. "Okay," she says, sighing.

I grab her hand firmly, bringing her to the middle of the ballroom. I look down at her before twirling her in my arms. As we dance, we fall into a rhythm, forgetting our troubles.

Over the years, I'd forgotten what it felt like to be at peace. I also forgot what it felt like to love someone, but as I danced with Rena, all I could feel was peace, warmth, and love. For the first time since that night, Raven left me. I feel happy and loved.

Looking down at her, I'm shocked to see her emerald eyes brightening with happiness.

Is it possible that she is Raven?

As our moments slowly stop, I step back from her. "You are an amazing dancer," I say, smiling down at her. A blush creeps onto her face as she looks down. "Thank you," she murmurs, looking down at the ground.

I gripped her chin with my index finger and thumb, forcing her to look up at me. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about," I mutter, leaning down and smelling a hint of vanilla perfume.

Raven wore this perfume. It smelt like vanilla, and now that I'm closer to Rena, I smell the same perfume. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe I'm just going crazy again.

As I connect our lips, she lets out a moan. I can only grunt in response. My trembling hands wrap around her waist, pulling her in closer. "Jump," I whisper into our kiss, sliding my hand down her thighs and tapping them.

As she jumps, my hands slide under her butt, and one supports her back. I walk her up the stairs and through multiple corridors until we reach my bedroom. "God, you're fucking strong," she laughed, breaking our kiss.

"And you are beautiful," I say before kicking the door open and laying her on my bed.

God, she's so beautiful.