EIGHT

"Send me your exact measurements

"Send me your exact measurements. I want my designers to put you in clothes that fit you perfectly," I tell the model standing before me. "Yes, ma'am. Thank you for this opportunity. I've always wanted to be a model," the girl squeals.

"You're welcome. Will you do me a favor and tell the man sitting outside he can come in?" I say, reaching over to my desk, grabbing a folder of my contact information, and handing it to her.

"Yes, ma'am, I can do that." The girl replies, skipping out of my office.

I always love it when I tell someone who got a job with my fashion line that their eyes light up, and they can't stop smiling. It makes my day better knowing that I fulfilled someone's dreams.

"Why did you invite me here?" Mr. Louise questions as he steps into my office, closing the door.

I stand up from my chair and walk over to him. "I wanted to apologize for my companion's attitude towards you. It was not professional nor fair and I wanted to make sure we were on good terms business-wise." I say, offering him the biggest smile I can muster.

I've never liked Mr. Louise, but he offers excellent investments and venues for my fashion shows.

"No. We are not on good terms. Your fucking companion brought up my personal life and disrespected me. I want more than an apology," He orders, taking a threatening step toward me.

My nose crinkles up from disgust as I get a whiff of the alcohol under his breath.

What he needs is mint and to back away from me.

" Mr Louise, all I can offer you is my deepest and sincere apology,"

His face drops as he stares blankly at me, and he kisses me.

I shove him back hard before wiping my lips. "Leave now. I don't care about our business anymore. Get out of my office." I grit out, turning away and walking over to my desk.

A sharp pain goes through my head as I feel my hair being pulled back. "You don't tell me what the fuck to do!" he screams, shoving me to the ground.

I can't move. No matter how much I tried, the fear paralyzed me. It's like that day all over again.

When I come back to reality, he's on top of me, ripping my shirt open. He's staring at me with darkness in his eyes, and he has this smile, it's sickening. He's proud of himself. He's proud to see me paralyzed by fear.

I shove him off me, running to the other side of my office. He doesn't move; he sits there clenching his fist.

"I finished the...." She freezes as her eyes rack over the scene. She looks down at Mr. Louise in disgust.

 "What the fuck did you do" she grits out, marching over to him.

I wipe away the tears that had fallen before taking a deep breath. "I-It's fine, Mara," I croak, holding back the tears threatening to fall.

"Mr. Louise, it's time for you to leave. If I ever catch you near me or my building again, you will end up in jail." I state as I fasten the buttons on my shirt.

"You will regret this." he spits out, leaving the room.

"Will you lock the door? I don't want anyone else coming in." I sniffle before sitting down in the corner.

Mara locks the door before rushing back over to me. "Are you ok?" she asks in a soft tone, squatting beside me.

"I-I couldn't move. I wanted to push him away, but I couldn't" I sob, letting the tears pour down my face. She sits beside me, allowing me to rest my head on her shoulder. "It's not your fault. I will never be your fault," she whispers.

If only I could believe that was true.