Chapter 3 - Indecisive

It's been almost a week, and Jenna was finally able to forget about Ashley. Or so she says.

Mikayla's been asking how she's been with Jamie since that night, and Jenna just tells her the same things every time.

"We're good, I love her, and I don't want her out of my life" or something along those lines.

Because to Jenna, it's true. Jamie's been there for her ups and downs. She would be upset if they never spoke again. She loves Jamie.

Mikayla keeps her mouth shut, but she's always been a deeper soul than Jenna. She wants to ask Jenna in what way does she really love her. But, she knows it's not her place to force that on Jenna to think.

Jenna was in her room, she can hear her dad typing away in the living room and talking on the phone. On the rare occasions that he is home, he still is always working. She's been used to it.

"Jenna!" Her dad shouted up the stairs.

Jenna put her phone down and walked to the banister.

"Yes, dad?" She called out.

"Your dentist is on the phone, they need to ask you something" he shouted back.

She rolled her eyes knowing he's probably typing away again, so she'll have to go to him herself.

She walks down the stairs and into the living room.

"One second, she's right here" her dad said into the phone before handing it to her.

She walked away to the kitchen, pressing the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey, Jenna! It's uh Ashley from Valley View Dentist" Jenna could immediately recognize her raspy voice.

Jenna's heart started racing all of a sudden.

"Hey! What can I do for you?" Jenna said nervously.

"Why am I nervous?" Jenna thought, slapping her forehead.

"Hey.. haha, I just was trying to call you to remind you about your dentist appointment tomorrow, but it looks like your dad's number was put as your primary contact.." Ashley trailed off.

"What's your number? Just so we can put it in the system, so you can get the reminders personally instead." Ashley finished.

"Oh yeah, it's *phone number*" Jenna answered.

"Great, thank you" Ashley said.

"No problem, thank you" Jenna responded, her voice getting a little quavery.

"I'll see you tomorrow then.." Ashley's voice got low.

"Yeah, I'll see you too" Jenna said, her heart jumping out her chest by now.

"...Have a good day" Ashley said raspily.

Jenna lightly chuckled, feeling nervous.

"Have a good day too." Jenna responded.

"Okay, bye" Ashley chuckled.

"Bye" Jenna said quickly before hanging up first.

Jenna was internally screaming because what the fuck??

Why was that conversation so sus?!?

"I'm just gay panicking or something" Jenna thought.

She returned the phone to her dad before running up to her room and grabbing her phone, immediately calling Miki.

"Heyyy" Miki said, her face filling the screen.

"Bitch, I'm so.." Jenna made a bunch of hand movements, not knowing what to even describe how she's feeling.