Chapter 13 - Nights Like This

Mikayla was getting ready to leave, wanting to put her own flowers in some water too.

"But, you were feeling Brooklyn?" Miki asked as they were walking to the door.

Jenna smiled while she thought about it.

Miki grinned knowing that was the answer to her own question.

"BITCH, you so did!!" She exclaimed.

Jenna just covered her eyes and pushed Miki out the door.

"Gooodbye hoe!" Jenna yelled out.

She went back to the living room and picked up her phone seeing the notifications.

She immediately furrowed her brows at the texts from Ashley.

Ashley: I need to talk to you
Ashley: John and I just broke up
Jenna: I'm sorry to hear that.. but why?

Jenna was confused why Ashley is even bothering to tell her. Unless the break up had something to do with her?

*incoming call - Ashley*

"Hello..?" Jenna answered.
"Can we meet up, please.." she heard Ashley hoarsely say.

Jenna tilted her head up, debating. She knows she'd feel guilty if she said no.

"Okay. Where?" Jenna sighed.
"I'll send you my location" Ashley said quietly.

Jenna felt her phone vibrate and looked at the incoming message from Ashley.

"The look out?" Jenna asked.
"I go here to think." was all Ashley replied with.
"Alright... I'll be there in 15 minutes" Jenna said, before hanging up and grabbing her keys.

She drove off to the look out, and saw one other car there. A crouched figure sitting on top of the car.

Jenna parked next to the it and got out.

"It's cold out here." Jenna announced her presence as she crossed her arms together.

Ashley lifted her head up and looked at Jenna, laughing sadly.

"I couldn't even tell." Ashley replied.

Jenna stood in front of Ashley, looking at her sadly. The woman's mascara was running down her face, and she was sniffling softly. Jenna subconsciously frowned.

She leaned against the car, next to the woman, and looked out towards the city lights.

"What did-"
"Jenna, I-"

Jenna and Ashley said at the same time.

"You go first" Jenna said, gesturing towards Ashley.

"Jenna, I had no right to do what I did at the restaurant." Ashley said softly.

"I know I shouldn't have done anything while I was with John, but.. it was like something inside me was controlling how I really felt" she continued.

Jenna listened intently, watching as she spoke.

"It sounds a bit childish.." Ashley laughed.
"Acting like I can't own up my mistakes."

"But, I can own up to it. Therefore, I told John I needed a break." She finished, choosing to look at the lights than at Jenna.

Jenna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why did you need the break?" Jenna asked.