Chapter 9 - WTF

Jenna quickly closed her mouth.

"How long have they been together?" Jenna asked.

"Mmm, a while now. I'd guess a year" Brooklyn shrugged.

"Why?" She asked curious.

But, thankfully Jenna didn't have to answer, as Miki noticed them walking up and shouted.

"You're baaaack! I need to go peee" Miki exclaimed.

"Come, I'll take you" Jenna said quickly pulling Mikayla up.

"You won't believe who I just ran into" Jenna whisper-yelled as they walked back inside.

"Who?" Miki asked, matching her tone.

"Ashley!" Jenna exclaimed.

"No way, what is she doing here?" Miki said with wide eyes.

"She's apparently Claudia's dad's girlfriend!?" Jenna said confused.

"Oh my god, no way that I was right" Mikayla gasped, holding her hand over her mouth.

"Right about what?" Jenna said, not being able to understand the situation right now.

"She's straight, in a relationship, and basically playing step-mommy" Mikayla said throwing her hands everywhere for emphasis.

Jenna slapped her own forehead.

"Damnnn, J. That's tough. Did she see you?" Miki asked.

"She was the one who noticed me first. She asked what I was doing, but Brooklyn walked out before I could answer" Jenna explained.

"Where is she now?" Mikayla asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she left? She went downstairs before us" Jenna replied as they headed upstairs.

Jenna took Mikayla to the same bathroom she went in and waited for her outside.

Suddenly, Jenna felt her arm being pulled and she was led into a dark room.

Jenna was about to scream, but someone turned the lights on. Ashley.

"What the fuck!? You can't be kidnapping people like that" Jenna exclaimed, grabbing her racing heart.

"What are you doing here!?" Ashley asked.

"That's all you have to say? You ignored me for two weeks and you're gonna ask me why I'm here at a birthday party happening downstairs?" Jenna exclaimed.

"I would be asking you that, but I already know" Jenna added on, crossing her arms.

Ashley looked at her with an apologetic face.

When Ashley didn't say anything, Jenna spoke up.

"Okay, I'm going" she said as she reached for the door.

But, Ashley quickly closed it with her hand.

"Jenna, I'm sorry." She said.

"Sorry doesn't make up that YOU kissed ME! You didn't even tell me you were in a relationship" Jenna said, growing angry.

"I was really feeling you, and I had a couple drinks-" Ashley started off.

"That's not an excuse why you led me on" Jenna said looking down.

"I know, it's immature. I shouldn't have kissed you or even gave off any interest. But, you just really grabbed my attention" Ashley said.